Your viewing journal

Attack on Titan s2 ep 8. Well, that was twenty five minutes of nothing.

Eromanga Sensei ep 7. I'm not really feeling this. It's all very generic so far and is nothing I haven't seen before. Would have made more of an impression five years ago.

Sagrada Reset ep 3-4. These episodes didn't anger me like the first ones did, so that's an improvement at least, but it's still not standing out at all.

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun (episodes 10–12 + shorts)

I was worried about an inconclusive ending, but I liked it.
Very sweet and very anime!

Expelled from Paradise (yet another rewatch)

I can't seem to get enough of this film. That whole scene where Angela 'uploads' herself directly into the Arhan has me grinning with glee every time.

Koyomimonogatari-Episodes 1-12 (Complete)

I got sick of waiting for AoA to actually put this out either streaming or home video outside of Japan, so I unfortunately resorted to fan subs. I'm quite annoyed because the last episode is incredibly plot critical, so not having this legally available in English is insane to me. Anyway, this was pretty enjoyable. Felt like Monogatari's formula but without any of the real substance, 10/12 episodes were pretty much just short and pointless in the grand scheme, but still fun to watch as normal.

Boruto: Naruto next Generations episode 8

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (Rewatch)
episodes 18-27

Last edited:
Sakura Quest-Episode 8

The Tower of Druaga: The Aegis of Uruk-Episodes 1-3

I really loved the tongue in cheek parody of fantasy tropes present in episode one, but now it's shifted tone and become more of a generic fantasy series, my interested has dipped somewhat. Still pretty decent though.

Kizumonogatari Part 1: Tekketsu (Japanese audio) - Film

jxk8Eqt.jpg
jxk8Eqt.jpg
jxk8Eqt.jpg

ZZ Gundam finished.
It was really bad. The second half cannot save the garbage that is called first half of ZZ Gundam.
I will be passing this Blu Ray release for ZZ Gundam
3/10

Marmalade Boy Episode 8-13
The show has gotten a lot better but its still kinda cheesy for my taste.
Loved the love triangle tho
7.5/10

Gakuen Alice aka Modern Kodocha with supernatural elements Episodes 8-12
It's an okay series so far
6/10

Gunslinger Girl 1-13 (complete)
Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino 1-13 (complete)
Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino OVA 1-2 (complete)

Ended up enjoying this overall. Based on the name and cover art alone, you'd be forgiven for expecting an action and/or fanservice-heavy show, when it's really the exact opposite of that. Really thoughtful and sombre at times. Not much in the way of large, overarching plot, but still good, and a decent amount of episodic vignettes are thrown in as well. A little bit of cop-show style political intrigue here and there make me want to try and seek out other shows in the same vein as this and GitS:SAC.

Unfortunately, the second season definitely suffers from not only the art style change brought about by a different studio animating (the slightly different character designs didn't bug me, but I preferred the more drab colour palettes of the first season), but also the fact that the majority of the Japanese voices were recast, something I don't think I've come across before, at least certainly not on this scale. It makes a lot of characters just seem like almost completely different characters compared to before. A lot of the girls in particular had some nice, understated VA in Madhouse's offering, but now sound like typical high-pitched, high-energy anime girls in Artland's season. It's quite jarring, especially since the writing of the show is otherwise pretty much on par with the first season.

Back