Your viewing journal

My Hero Academia-Episode 8

Some good fights here, very much looking forward to some Uraraka next week!

Attack on Titan Season 2-Episode 8

Admittedly a slow episode with a pointless, if fun, flashback, however I think this is the kind of episode you like more in hindsight. It's nice to have a breather, but if you're watching it week to week rather than back to back, it can be rather frustrating to have not a lot happen. Still, the ending has made me incredibly pumped for next week, I hope it can bring some answers.

Eromanga Sensei-Episode 7

I knew in my heart of hearts it would probably happen, but I really was hoping they might avoid going down 'that road' this time around, but I guess I'm being too naive. I'm not actively enraged or disgusted by it or anything, it's just rather predictable.

Attack on Titan [Season 2] (Japanese audio) - Episode 8
Berserk [Season 2] (Japanese audio) - Episode 8
My Hero Academia [Season 2] (Japanese audio) - Episode 8
Tokyo Marble Chocolate (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-2 (Complete)

My hero Academia episode 21

Attack on Titan episode 33

Amagami SS episodes 9-24 (Complete. This was an interesting watch, watching a slightly different scenario play out each time kept things interesting, though admittedly some arcs were better than others (I did skim through bits, which reflects in my rating.) It's a decent show, with characters who are likeable (if a little kinky in places) and a solid lead. I doubt I'll rewatch it anytime soon however) 3.5/5

Amagami SS+ episodes 1-12 (Complete-ish. I admittedly skimmed through most of this, though I liked the concept of following on from the arcs in the last series, and it helped to wrap some things up nicely. I did feel however that some arcs weren't quite needed, hence why I skipped through chunks.) 3/5

Alice & Zouroku ep 4-5. That almost felt like an end of series episode. I had assumed that story thread would continue through the whole season, so I'm now wondering where it'll go from here.

Berserk s3 ep 8. This was undoubtedly an episode of Berserk, there's nothing else it could have been.

Eromanga Sensei ep 6.

Saekano: How To Raise A Boring Girlfriend Flat s2 ep 6.

Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation s3 ep 19.

Blame! I really enjoyed this. The art really is something else especially the backgrounds you could make an art book all of its own. The animation still have a few issues. Mainly the framerate which at times is juddery and facial expressions still seem stiff much like KOS. Overall it's a straightforward story which kinda leaves you wanting more.

Clockwork Planet episode 7.
Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul episode 7.
Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side episode 6.

Armored Trooper VOTOMS - Episodes 14 - 18

Takahashi had definitely seen Apocalypse Now plenty of times when he wrote the Kummen arc of VOTOMS!

A Silent Voice (Film. This was throughly enjoyable to watch, and was very touching, but also very hard to watch at times. The topics of bullying and attempted suicide and their repercussions is well handled and mature. I can understand the praise surrounding it. I definitely want to buy this when it comes out.) 4.5/5

Amnesia
episodes 1-12 (Complete. A visual novel adaptation that uses a tired plot device and manages to make it semi-interesting. I wouldn't say the series is amazing, but it works...just not that well. I didn't particularly find the ending or the characters interesting which drags the show down or me. I did a lot of skimming here as well) 2/5

Angel Beats episodes 1-13/OVA (Complete. This was great fun, with underlying tones of melancholy it never overdoes either aspect. It's a show that managed to make both me laugh at character deaths and find their passing on sobering. The characters are memorable and the ending was very moving. I feel like this could have used some more episodes since it crams a lot in, but nevertheless it still works really well.) 4.5/5
Show highlight:
The stuff with chairs flying into ceiling whilst sad music plays in episode 5 was hilarious.

Higurashi: When They Cry Rei-Episodes 17-20

As I come towards the end, I think I do regret not either breaking between Season 1 and 2 or watching another show alongside Season 2, I'm starting to feel burnout a little. Only 4 more episodes left, so it's not too bad I suppose.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (rewatch) episodes 1-17
My all-time favourite anime, just as good the fourth time around!

Last edited:
Back