Your viewing journal

Boruto: Naruto next Generations episode 7 (finally got the name right)
Wtf even was this episode...pretty entertaining though

A-Channel episodes 1-12/Mini episodes (Complete. This was cute and likeable, and was far more enjoyable than I thought it would be. I breezed through this series. Another solid blind buy) 3.5/5

Last edited:
Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry (theatrical screening)

I've never seen any of the actual show, but I genuinely enjoyed watching this. (More so than some long-standing fans did, it would seem. :eek:)

ZZ Gundam episode 2 to 4.
Whats with the tone with this series.
Won't be buying this series

Horizon On The Middle Of Nowhere S2 episode 1-3
I still don't know what the heck is going on in that show.

Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero episodes 1-13 (Complete. This was a decent blend of fantasy and fan service. It knows what it wants to be and does it fairly well, without being too ott and unfunny) 3.5/5

Steins;Gate (Rewatch) episodes 1-6

Higurashi: When They Cry Rei-Episodes 11-13

I am so glad it wasn't actually aliens, that would've been really dumb.

Berserk (2017)-Episode 8

Some amazingly grotesque creature designs in this episode. Next week looks interesting too.

Hinako Note-Episode 7

Screw Jason Momoa, Hinako for Aquaman please.

Last week:

Attack on Titan [Season 2] (Japanese audio) - Episode 7
Berserk [Season 2] (Japanese audio) - Episode 7
My Hero Academia [Season 2] (Japanese audio) - Episode 7

Today:

BLAME! (Japanese audio) - Film

Armored Trooper VOTOMS - Episodes 12 & 13

That completes the Uoodo City arc.

Armored Trooper VOTOMS: The Last Red Shoulder

Fills a big hole in the TV series. Not as good as Roots of Ambition but still very good and has some very cool ATs in it.

Berserk 2017 episode 8
This series has been very enjoyable, I'm glad they improved the CGI and are using 2D animation in places.

Steins;Gate (Rewatch)
episodes 7-24/OVA (Complete. This was even better upon rewatch, they pulled off adapting a very complex visual novel, with a tight script and a pitch perfect dub (featuring one of the all-time best VA performances from J Michael Tatum as Okabe, one of my favourite characters in anime). The idea of repeatedly watching those you love die before your eyes helplessly is one of the most unnerving concepts I've seen in fiction. I eagerly await the Steins;Gate Zero adaptation.) 5/5

Amagami SS
episodes 1-8

Last edited:
Serial Experiments Lain 1-13 (complete)
Wew. Not completely sure what to make of this, other than that I certainly enjoyed it. Incredibly erudite, something which I am very much not, so I feel like the majority of the stuff the show is referencing and is influenced by is pretty lost on me. Like the other works I've seen in which Yoshitoshi ABe was involved in (Texhnolyze, Haibane Renmei), stuff is left deliberately unanswered (or otherwise, obfuscated), letting you come to your own interpretations and conclusions, though Lain certainly takes that aspect up to much higher than 11. My anime viewing habits lead me to rewatching shows very rarely, but this is I can definitely see watching again sometime in the future, if for no other reason than to see what things I pick up on in hindsight.

BLAME!
Definitely enjoyed this one, I do enjoy some post-cyberpunk, and it makes me want to start on the manga (which was already on my radar due to the stunning architectural artwork). Visually, it's very nice looking, but unfortunately suffers from the same problem every 3D anime I've seen (which granted, isn't a whole lot) suffers from: the low FPS of the animations, along with a lack of any kind of natural motion blur, just makes the majority of the thing, character animations especially, really juddery and kind of hard to watch. It's a shame, because it's a really nice looking movie... just not in motion.

Back