Only found out about this license through English Light Novels.

Bookwalker is set to release, presumably in e-book format ONLY:

The Combat Baker and His Automaton Waitress/Tatakau Panya to Automaton Waitress
- Series is ongoing at 6 volumes
- Published under HJ Bunko
- The series was the 6th ranked new release in Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! 2016
- Volume 1 due for release in June, this will be a bookwalker exclusive for the first 6 months

By the way @Buzz201 - Youjo Senki/The Saga of Evil Tanya is scheduled for both physical and ebook release yenpress on Twitter
Thanks. Don't want to do too much research into Tanya, her eyes creep me out. :p

I'm not personally impressed with the concept of Bookwalker exclusives that may or may not go elsewhere after 6 months. Not sure if I should list it as a licence or not.

And I'm not keen on the idea of ebook only licenses at all (and giving companies the ability to do stuff like this is one of the many reasons why I dislike ebooks). A bookwalker-only release is still a release, though, and thus belongs on a list of releases.

And I'm not keen on the idea of ebook only licenses at all (and giving companies the ability to do stuff like this is one of the many reasons why I dislike ebooks). A bookwalker-only release is still a release, though, and thus belongs on a list of releases.
I had questions as to what happens after 6 months, whether Bookwalker loses the titles, whether Bookwalker puts it on other services or whether it can be (sub-)licensed by somebody else. They say the original publisher retains the rights to the translation, so is Bookwalker publishing or distributing.

My question was more of format than inclusion.

This week's releases:
Bakemonogatari part 3
The Faraway Paladin: Volume 2: The Archer of Beast Woods (E-Book ONLY)

Plus E-Book rereleases of vols 11-14 of Spice and Wolf

J-Novel Club has licensed for E-book release ONLY:

If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord/Uchi no Musume no Tame Naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai.
- Originally a web novel published on Shousetsuka ni Narou
- Light novel ongoing on 5 volumes at present. Web novel version also ongoing, but not divided into volumes.
- Published under HJ Novels.
- Volume 1 parts 1-4 available to read now.

Finally got my new tablet so went for premiunlm membership to j novel club and plonked the premium credit on Arifureta as planned. Anyone know if any of thier others (other than grimgar which i'll buy physically) are worth a punt on?

Finally got my new tablet so went for premiunlm membership to j novel club and plonked the premium credit on Arifureta as planned. Anyone know if any of thier others (other than grimgar which i'll buy physically) are worth a punt on?

I highly recommend How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (Spice & Wolf feel), and The Faraway Paladin :)

J-Novel Club has licensed for E-Book release ONLY:

Invaders of the Rokujouma!?/Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
- The oldest still ongoing series published by Hobby Japan, it started back in March 2009.
- Series ongoing at 25 volumes (excluding half volumes which are historically often not released), making this the longest licensed light novel series since Guin Saga. And arguably the longest ever, given that Vertical never really even expected to release beyond the first arc of that.
- The series had a 1-cour anime adaptation which aired in Summer 2014
- The ENTIRETY of volumes 1-3 and parts 1-4 of volume 23 are available to read now. This is on account of having hired the person who was doing the fan translating of the series to work as the translator. And evidently managed to agree this with the publisher.

Last edited:
J-Novel Club has licensed for E-Book release ONLY:

Infinite Dendrogram
- Originally a web novel published on Shousetsuka ni Narou
- Series ongoing with 3 volumes, Web Novel ongoing with 6.
- Parts 1-4 of volume 1 are available to read now.

Demon King Daimaou/Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou
- Series complete at 13 volumes
- This is now the oldest light novel series on J-Novel Club's website, having started in February 2008.
- Had a one cour anime adaptation that aired in Spring 2010, the first HJ Bunko series to get an anime. The series is available on Crunchyroll and Viewster in case you want to watch it.
- Parts 1-4 of volume 1 are available to read now.

This week's releases:
My Youth Romantic Comedy is Wrong As I Expected 2
Overlord 4: The Lizardman Heroes
Your Name
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody 2
Strike the Blood 6: Return of the Alchemist
A Certain Magical Index 11
Mixed Bathing in Another Dimension 3: The Chaotic Stone Sauna (E-Book ONLY)

Plus E-Book rereleases of vols 15-17 of Spice and Wolf.

Vertical have licensed:

Your Lie in April / Shousetsu Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso: 6-nin no Etude
- Prequel spin-off of the manga series, which has been released in English by Kodansha Comics USA.
- Only one volume in length.
- Published under KC Deluxe.
- Due for release on 25th July

They also announced Nekomonogatari, but I'm too lazy to do details for every single part of that series...

I've not been paying enough attention to this stuff over the last few weeks...

Yen Press have licensed:

Re:Zero Ex/Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Ex
- Spin-offs of Re:Zero
- Focused on the Crusch family and those around them
- 2 volumes were released in 2015
- Published under MF Bunko J
- Volume 1 of the series is due for release in November

I've not been paying enough attention to this stuff over the last few weeks...

It's not just you, I knew I had missed a big announcement, but I couldn't for the life of me remember what it was.

I spent some time searching for it the other day, but could not find it. So thanks for reminding me.

This week's releases:
The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku
The Seven Deadly Sins: Seven Scars They Left Behind
Invaders of the Rokujouma!?: Volume 1 (E-Book ONLY)
Invaders of the Rokujouma!?: Volume 3 (E-Book ONLY)*
Invaders of the Rokujouma!?: Volume 2 (E-Book ONLY)*

Plus E-Book rereleases of Sword Art Online vols 1-4.

*Yes this is the right order.

Back