Your viewing journal

Bleach-Episodes 363-366 (Complete)

Boy, those are some words I didn't think I'd be typing. It has been about one year and four months since I started watching Bleach, and I genuinely wasn't sure if I was in for the long haul. However, through thick and thin, I stuck with it, and I don't regret it. Yes, it got really crap at times, almost always when the filler seasons were about, but the good stuff is genuinely good shounen that I really enjoyed. I do think that they should've ended the anime with the Aizen arc, this last season, despite being good, just doesn't have the same impact as a finale as Season 14 did. Oh well.

So, @Buzzkillington, did I manage to beat you? :p

Alice and Zoroku-Episode 4

Poor Sana! This episode was both heartbreaking and sweet. This is almost certainly the best show this season that apparently no one but me is watching.

Last edited:
So, @Buzzkillington, did I manage to beat you? :p
You most certainly did :p I just can't bring myself to watch the last season for some reason, I started Bleach in 2013 too. I also don't regret watching it though as like you say, while some of it is god awful it has some solid shounen and some awesome characters (imo, of course), also characters shouting "bankai" is cool and I don't care what anyone says lol. It's just a shame that the rest of the manga will never be animated, namely the Unohana vs Kenpachi fight as I would have loved to have seen it.

The worrying thing is that I planned on starting Naruto once I finished it as I won the first 6 series on dvd for about £15 on eBay ages ago lol I think I'll just move them on and be done with stupidly long series at this point. Anyhooooo...

My Hero Academia - Episodes 3-4 - I guess 4 was an improvement but it's still not doing it for me, I'm not even sure why tbh.

Attack on Titan - Episode 3-4 - Good stuff. Reiner lifting the titan on his shoulders and going to jump out the window with it was pretty badass. I can't wait til next week tbh, think watching ERASED was the last time I felt I needed the next episode so much.

Shangri-la episodes 17-24 (complete, this was quite an interesting story, though I'll admit I was left a little confused here and there, the characters were likeable and it was well-paced. It's one I'll definitely rewatch in the future, and was a great blind buy (£5.99 for both parts and the limited edition box) 4/5)

Shiki episodes 1-8

Attack on Titan season 2 ep 4
Did nobody else see that they stole that skirt ripping joke with her saying her finger hurt from hot shots part deux!?

Oh god please don't tell me that I'm the only person old enough to have seen that movie? :eek:

Sailor Moon-Episodes 1-4

Yes, just one day after finishing the ridiculously long Bleach, I am jumping into yet another big franchise in Sailor Moon. Well, it's not quite as long, clocking in at around 200 episodes, not including any movies or specials and the like, vs Bleach's almost 400 episodes. This time I'm also limited in terms of release too. When I started Bleach, it was all out, but Viz only currently has 2 and half seasons out, so I'm not as free to blitz through, which may be a blessing in disguise.

As for the show itself, I'm not sold just yet. It has gotten into a formula incredibly quickly, and there's pretty much no meat on the bones of the story. If it's just 200 episodes of this, then I'm not sure it's something I'll see through to the end, but given its length, I can only think they actually do a lot more with the story than what's going on right now. The formula already feels a little worn only 4 episodes in, so I can only hope it starts to change things up soon. That being said, I do like Usagi and Luna quite a bit, even if Usagi's waterworks gets on my nerves a bit.

I also don't think the animation has aged gracefully at all, and even by the standards of the 90s it looks rather cheap. Granted, I thought Sailor Moon was a bit newer than it turned out to be, so maybe I'm just reeling from that a bit, but I just don't think it's too pleasant to look at. Not awful bt any stretch, but still not too great. Again, I can only assume this gets better from season to season.

When Marnie Was There - I was in the mood to watch a movie, which is actually kinda rare for me so I decided I would pick a Ghibli BD that I haven't watched yet and man did I enjoy this one. When I watched Only Yesterday I remember saying I wish I could write so I could actually put down in words why I enjoyed it so much, and the same applies here. I don't think it was as good as Only Yesterday right enough, although frankly I don't think I've seen many movies as good as Only Yesterday, animated or otherwise. While where the story goes isn't exactly a surprise, I thought the time spent getting there was totally enthralling with both Anna and Marnie being utterly charming, albeit in very different ways. When the credits began to roll it really hit me in a weird way, I can't tell you what it was but there was something that just got me.

My only real complaint has nothing to do with the film itself and more to do with the release. So I know y'all love to ^£%$ on people moaning about subtitle fonts but I really hated these. I don't like yellow subs but I can live with them, but I really don't like thin, pale yellow/off white with a thin black border subs :/ I got used after about 15mins, but still not a fan.

Anyway, fantastic movie and I'm glad I finally took the time to watch it.

Last edited:
Armored Trooper VOTOMS: Red Shoulder Document - The Roots of Ambition

Starting a rewatch of my favourite mecha franchise and I'm going to do it chronological order this time. This OVA is amazing just as good as I remembered it.

Atom: The Beginning - Episode 1

Bakemonogatari (complete)

Finally sat down, and over the course of the last couple of weeks watched through the entire thing. I will have to say it was an incredible weird anime with some of the best animation I've seen.

In the end even though Hanekawa is indeed cute, but I feel Mayoi provided the best character interactions with Araragi so atm she is best girl.

Back