Your viewing journal

SAO ordinal scale. A great film and has a lot of what I like about the series.the story could have been a bit tighter as well as the pacing. The animation is top notch and we get more of More Kirito X Asuna which is always welcome. Looking forward to owning the BD. 8/10

Shakugan no Shana III episodes 15-24 (Overall series complete. That was rather enjoyable, though the second season lags somewhat with the whole BLT angle (bizarre love triangle), I found SnS to be a solid shounen, with decent leads and side characters. The last season managed to change things up with the dynamics of the characters, and the final battle was fun. The series is available cheaply via SAVE editions as well for those who are interested)
Season 1 4/5, season 2 3.5/5, season 3 4/5

Boruto: Naruto next Generations episode 3

Last edited:
Evangelion 1.11 Wow that was something, I thoroughly enjoyed the film, it was a nice way to rewatch Evangelion in a more condensed format. Loved the effects as well. Man do I ever feel for Shinji, and consider me part of the crowd that really likes this film 4.5/5

Monogatari series: Second Season (Japanese audio) - Episodes 17-20

Onimonogatari arc now watched. All that's left is to get Koimonogatari and Hanamonogatari.

My Hero Academia Season 2-Episode 4

Some really great teams here, particularly the the Tsu/Mineta/Shouji Combo.

Attack on Titan Season 2-Episode 4

This is the first simulcast in a long, long time where I feel I desperately need to see the next episode and actively anticipate the next one. I'm just in awe, really. That ending was kick ass and Reiner's titan pick up followed by Ymir's kick was just awesome.

Bleach-Episodes 359 and 360

You know what I'd love but is totally impossible and unrealistic? Some sort of re-release of Bleach with Tsukishima retroactively inserted all the earlier seasons.

Granblue Fantasy-Episode 4

Does anyone else find this show to be the most middle of the road, 'okay' thing ever? Like, I forget this show even exists until the day it comes out, then I watch go 'Alright' then instantly forget the whole thing until next Saturday. I can't even pinpoint why I feel this way either, there's nothing inherently bad about it, the animation and music is pretty great, but other than that, I am just so totally neutral on this. It's weird to watch an anime and just feel absolutely nothing.

Eromanga-sensei-Episode 3

THE ED IS JUST TOO CUTE.

Last edited:
Berserk 2017 episode 16

My hero Academia episode 17

Attack on Titan episode 29

Shangri-la episodes 1-16

Last edited:
Berserk (2017) ep16

Urgh, I remember the trolls. Just... pls no.

Polar Bear's Cafe ep1

In a very roundabout way, I ended up watching this for the sake of work. It's pleasant, in a gently amusing sort of way, but I'm unsure how I feel about the prospect of it lasting another 49 episodes.

Yurikuma Arashi Episodes 1-12.

Gao.

I've posted more thoughts in another thread, basically I enjoyed it and think everyone should give it a go.

Interviews with Monster Girls / Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episodes 1-12.

Quite a pleasant show with reasonable character development. It's not a fanservice heavy monster girl show, it's more of a light character driven show that's fun in it's own way.

Gariel Dropout Episodes 1-12.

Quite a fun, but not exceptional, comedy. I was concerned that it might be a bit too mean-spirited (especially with Raphiel in the first episode) but it does a reasonable job of balancing things out and offering a bit of variety from each character and the interplay between them. It doesn't do much beyond the comedy but it's fairly consistently entertaining.

The World God Only Knows / Kami Nomi Zo Shiru Sekai Season 1 Episodes 1-12 (re-watch), Season 2 Episodes 1-12, OVA Episodes (4 of those), Season 3 "Goddesses / Megami-hen" Episodes 1-12 (40 episodes in all).

I previously watched the first season and quite enjoyed it but it took me a while to get around to watching the rest. It's technically a harem show but I liked the way that each arc dealt with a different girl with a focus on resolving their issues rather than just the usual antics. Unfortunately, the show does gradually move into being more of a standard harem, with the third season having several girls all competing for the main character in the usual way. It's still a well made and somewhat original harem show and I can't really fault it for that, but it's not quite the show that I'd have personally wanted it to be. Still, I did enjoy the show and I'd at least recommend it to fans of harem shows.

Back