The Visual Novel Thread

Memorys Dogma available on steam now with 10% off Steamy hot link

• Multiple Decision Points - Avoid the "bad endings" to reach the truth.
  • Fully Voiced Japanese Cast- Characters (including the protagonist) are brought to life by a star-studded cast of veteran Japanese voice actors from the anime industry.
  • Full HD Visuals - Enjoy the game’s stunning visuals in Full HD format.
  • Multiple Languages - Play through the game in either English or Japanese.
  • Dynamic Cutscenes - Watch as important events unfold with wonderfully dynamic motion-graphic cutscenes.

I hardly call these breathtaking features, but guess its mandatory so not to throw players thinking its got Breaking Sword levels of Adventure

Voice Cast:
  • Kusuhara Hiroki (CV: Ishiya Haruki)
    Hibike! Euphonium (Tsukamoto Shuuichi)
    Azure Striker Gunvolt (Zeno)

• Orikasa Reina (CV: Oonishi Saori)
    Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (Ais Wallenstein)
    Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend (Eriri Spencer Sawamura)

• Mizunashi Sorano (CV: Satou Satomi)
    K-On! (Tainaka Ritsu)
    Is the Order a Rabbit? (Chiya Ujimatsu)

• Amamiya Kakeru (CV: Horie Shun)
    Mayoiga (Hellfire)
    THE iDOLM@STER SideM (Pierre)

• Kanzaki Haruna (CV: Nakamura Eriko)
    THE iDOLM@STER (Amami Haruka)
    Hetalia (Belgium)

• Kokonoe Akane (CV: Fujita Saki)
    WORKING!! (Inami Mahiru)
    VOCALOID2 (Hatsune Miku)

• Ema (CV: Asakawa Yuu)
    Fate/stay night (Rider)
    Akame ga Kill! (Leone)

• Mizunashi Aoi (CV: Nabatame Hitomi)
    Girls und Panzer (Itsumi Erika)
    Seiyu's Life! (Shiodome Hikari)

• Kozakura Mikoto (CV: Honda Mariko)
    Nichijou (Aioi Yuuko)
    Student Council's Discretion (Sakurano Kurimu)

Well that is quite an impressive list, not that I'd recognise them by sound alone

Published by Sekei Project. I remember when they were just a fan group for School Days.

I really fancy playing little busters visual novel er probably the clean one...probably... Cause i enjoyed the anime so much. Though theres one i had my eye on that has escaped my memory seemed cool, had a shock ending like it seemed like a refular romance but if you made the wrong choices when you pick a girl at the end the sky goes red and the world goes completely mental canny mind the name of it

I'm currently playing through the original Tsukihime. I haven't played many visual novels so far, only Steins;Gate Zero and Root Letter on my PS4. This is definitely the first one with eroge elements I've tried, but I saw the anime and it intrigued me. Since all of the fans of the vn hate the anime, I felt compelled to find out what was so amazing about it. but I thought I would go play the visual novel since no anime exists. So far I'm a few hours in and loving it. It's very enthralling, and the fan translation seems to flow well.

Edit: Okay, now I've been playing for almost nine hours straight. I feel as if I've discovered a part of myself I didn't know existed. It is both troubling and enlightening. My eyes hurt.

Edit: I am just finishing up the final route, and oh wow this thing is amazing. I have wasted much holiday time and made myself feel a little ill in the process, but I just couldn't stop reading. I have to hand it to Mirror Moon as well on this one, their translation is so good. I saw only a single grammatical hiccup in the entire thing, and the vast majority of professional translations from Japanese aren't anywhere near this well done, even for anime which has only an infinitesimal fraction of text compared to VNs. They must have had excellent translators, and incredibly diligent editors, because if it weren't for the honourifics/names and stuff, it would be very hard to tell that this wasn't originally written in English. Next stop is Kagetsu Tohya, and then perhaps onto Fate/Stay Night. If I keep going I will be allowed to watch Carnival Phantasm. :-D

Last edited:
I really fancy playing little busters visual novel er probably the clean one...probably... Cause i enjoyed the anime so much. Though theres one i had my eye on that has escaped my memory seemed cool, had a shock ending like it seemed like a refular romance but if you made the wrong choices when you pick a girl at the end the sky goes red and the world goes completely mental canny mind the name of it

I think my mentality on this thus far is to go for the eroge version if it was originally released as such, since the original vision would have been altered to compensate for cut scenes, but don't go for it if the original version was an "all ages" one. I believe Little Busters was originally released clean, so I would also go for the clean version. To be honest, the thought of seeing Key characters in any kind of sexual situation makes me die a little inside, so I'd probably go for clean regardless of original intent for all of their stuff. :D

I think my mentality on this thus far is to go for the eroge version if it was originally released as such, since the original vision would have been altered to compensate for cut scenes, but don't go for it if the original version was an "all ages" one. I believe Little Busters was originally released clean, so I would also go for the clean version. To be honest, the thought of seeing Key characters in any kind of sexual situation makes me die a little inside, so I'd probably go for clean regardless of original intent for all of their stuff. :D

Wait, there's an 18+ Little Busters?! Please don't tell me they Lewd the Kud ;_;

Just bought the bundle on steam, so I'm about to finally start playing the Clannad visual novel. I hope it lives up to the high expectations I have for it, but I doubt I'll be disappointed with it since I loved the anime!

Edit: I've completed four routes so far and feel like I've barely scratched the surface. I am loving it every bit as much as the anime, probably even more. It's very satisfying to see the fully fleshed out versions of the stories which only got small arcs in the anime. The fact that there are a few people on Steam (a small minority) that don't think this visual novel is worth £30 is utterly bizarre to me, given how long it is, how beautifully it presents its story, and how endearing all of the characters are.

Last edited:
Urgh [shudders]. Yeah, that's really not a pleasant thought at all, is it? Ick.

They just look too innocent! It would feel so bloody wrong. :D

Fortunately for all Key stuff, even for their stuff that was originally released as an eroge, there is always a version without those elements.

They just look too innocent! It would feel so bloody wrong. :D
Yes, like this oh-so-tasteful hugging pillow design, for example. (Found via a simple image search for "Kudryavka Noumi".)
kudryavka-noumi-little-busters-anime-dakimakura-hugging-pillow-lb998.jpg

Guh. I don't feel so well now. (There were even worse ones, by the way.)

Yes, like this oh-so-tasteful hugging pillow design, for example. (Found via a simple image search for "Kudryavka Noumi".)

Guh. I don't feel so well now. (There were even worse ones, by the way.)

Worse? Neil, don't tell me you turned safe search off?! The things you must have seen.

Back