Your controversial anime opinions.

Liking journey to Agartha and not wolf children is one of mine apparently :p.

Wolf Children felt more like a ghibli knock off to me except you can't watch it with your kids because they thought it would be a good idea to show the weird coitous between the woman and wolf (OK it's not as weird as that sentence makes it sound but still...) It really felt unnecessary and the rest of the film was very much Ghibli (the tired moving to the countryside, unusual kids, growing up etc). It plodded along though and I remember frequently checking to see how long was left.

The Cowboy Bebop sub is still better than its dub.
With seiyuu living legends Kouichi Yamadera as Spike and Megumi Hayashibara as Faye, that is an actual fact rather than just mere opinion! :D
Kill La Kill is way too over hyped and isn't as funny as it likes to think it is.
Morbo... Nooooo!!! How can you even say that?? :eek::p
I think NEO magazine's review of Agartha summed it up the best when they suggested that there's enough material in there to make a series rather than a film.

I must confess that I find Wolf Children a bit... awkward as well. I like the blossoming relationship between Yuki and Souhei, though. I think that's the most accomplished story thread.

Cardcaptors (The english edited, and butched version of Cardcaptor Sakura) had a catch opening, and wasn't that bad. It isn't as good as CCS, but I would watch it again if given the chance

The best anime that Studio Trigger have made thus far is Inferno Cop!

Note: This is a legal link. It's Trigger's own Youtube channel.

Last edited:
Did you even watch the AMV I posted? :D
I have now. And now I'm more freaked out than ever! :p

The Evangelion movies are better than the series.
I much prefer the anime ending of Evangelion to EoE, I find EoE to be too out there and relentlessly grim, and it strays too far from what I feel the show was trying to convey.
The original ending to Neon Genesis Evangelion is bad. End of Eva is perfect though.
Probably not a particularly controversial suggestion, but:

Evangelion 3.33 has done irreparable damage to Rebuild.
Honestly, how in the hell is director Hideaki Anno planning on salvaging the story from here on in? Is there even a coherent story to salvage anymore? Does any of the weirdness in 3.33 actually have a plot-based explanation? Or is it all just a badly connected string of disturbing images and flashy design work?

Ending-wise, Evangelion 3.0+1.0: You can (not) be serious :p could yet trump any other Eva ending for disappointment value. Wouldn't it be terrible if we were all left feeling "Eh? Is that it?" or "So, wait... what actually happened?" come the final credits. Does Anno really have any intention of giving us coherence? Wouldn't it be awful if, another ten years down the line, with another Eva remake on the way, Anno was reminiscing about Rebuild during an interview and he admitted "Yeah, that didn't really work out, did it? Whoops, I f**ked that up!" (Or the best equivalent in Japanese.)

And anyway, isn't THIS LINK just a p**s-poor attempt by me to try to salvage my attempted Eva Rebuild thread, which has died on ****? :p

Last edited:
I have now. And now I'm more freaked out than ever! :p
It's the only scene in anime that actually gets much worse when you know the context. :D

Probably not a particularly controversial suggestion, but:

Evangelion 3.33 has done irreparable damage to Rebuild.
Right then, if thats the case then I'm about to say something really controvertial. I really like Evangelion 3.33!​

*runs away*

Wolf Children felt more like a ghibli knock off to me except you can't watch it with your kids because they thought it would be a good idea to show the weird coitous between the woman and wolf (OK it's not as weird as that sentence makes it sound but still...).

That's a bit of an understatement lol Unless there's a scene I'm forgetting, she kisses him, they fall out of shot and the movie moves on to the next morning where they are both in bed (in human form).... I can see why some people would find it awkward, but it's not exactly some weird interspecies hentai. :p

Good! So do I! ("What? Wait... but you just said...")

Then help me solve it in this thread. Please! I'm begging you! SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

You may need to give me a while to watch the Rebuild movies again. I haven't watched them in a while and the specific plot details are a bit hazy. I remember really liking 3.33 though, so I just need a refresher. :D

I'll throw one in just for now.

Psycho Pass is not good, it's not a look at some dark brilliant dystopian future with some deep meaningful questions about morality and the psyche as recommended, it's a show that thinks it's a look at some dark brilliant dystopian future with some deep meaningful questions about morality and the psyche. Just because you throw around names of philosophers and/or literature excerpts doesn't make you deep. Utterly Pretentious.

Also, that's a very diverse set of pained Shinji pics you have on hand there. :D I feel as if you have been mulling this over for quite some time.

Back