Your viewing journal

Attack on Titan OVAs 1-5 and Season Two episodes 1-2

Well these went a long way to addressing my criticisms of the first season. I really enjoyed the OVAs and not only did these episodes give me more Levi and Sascha development (and even a bit more for Jean) but it looks like some development for Conny is incoming. Certainly more respect for Levi now (although I'm not really sure if I respect his restraint at not immediately sending Erwin to join Isabel and Furlan and damning the consequences, I think I would have done), and less for Erwin.

Talking titans is certainly another interesting development, along with the revelation that at least Hanji and Erwin knew about this before Miche's encounter (and presumably so do Ilse's parents and anyone they care to tell, unless parts of the journal that was returned to them were redacted). Ymir being namedropped for what I think was the first time in the series along with "Ymir's people" being mentioned by one of the talking titans in the OVAs surely can't be a coincidence. How many of the friggin' 104th are involved with the titans in one way or another?

I've been watching the Naruto Shipudden movies over the past month, watched the forth one yesterday. Made me want to dive back in to the series so I've decided to do a no filler watch through using a guide. Picked up where i left off at episode 55/56 then skipped the next arc and moved in to the 70's.

Alice and Zoroku-Episode 2

Well, this was adorable. Seeing Sana discover everyday things for the first time is incredibly cute. OP is pretty great too.

Bleach-Episodes 343 and 344

I don't know why, but I suddenly felt motivated to finish off Bleach. These first episodes of the new season were actually pretty good, feeling a bit like the more goofy, almost slice of life-ish first season. I'm guessing that's not sticking around for long, but it's kinda nice just to see Ichigo at school. I still maintain that for one of the filler seasons, they should've just made a Slice of Life parody kinda thing, with Ichigo and all the Soul Reapers in a high school, kinda like AoT Junior High.

Last edited:
Tokko episodes 3-13 (completed, show was nothing special, and I doubt they'll follow the series up anytime soon) 3/5

Berserk (2017) episodes 1-2

My Hero Academia episode 15

Attack on Titan episode 27

Samurai Champloo episodes 1-15

Last edited:
Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Trains ep1

This seems similar to the first series, in the sense that it's really nicely animated and directed, but it lacks a certain something that I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe it just feels too overly familiar?

Salamander - Episodes 2 & 3 [Final]

Review coming soon on the podcast.

Megazone - Parts 1 & 2

I've seen the first part several times but I've had the collection for years and never got round to watching the second and third parts so while I'm off this week I'm going to get it completed. I've always really liked part one but I thought the second part was even better

Capeta - Episodes 44 - 46

Samurai Champloo episodes 16-26 (completed) A great anime, love me some Shinichirō Watanabe and samurais 4.5/5

Tokyo ESP episodes 1-3

Technically not anime but I've also been binge watching Rick and Morty as well

Last edited:
Re:Creators ep1

I worry that this could tip over into being a generic battle harem series, but so far it's been endearingly silly in both concept and execution. Could be a keeper.

Bakemonogatari episodes 1 - 10

Interesting series with somewhat dubious scenes and interesting interactions. I should of prob started watching sooner.

Ero-Manga Sensei: Episode 1 - Not sure about this, heavily considering stopping already but will give it the three episode rule.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Episodes 1-6 - Finally getting round to watching my set, enjoying so far. My only negative is Amuro, didn't like him while reading the Origins manga & seeing him animated doesn't change that. Char though ... :D

Line up of Spring 2017 for me:

RE:Creators: Promising first episode with Sawano doing the soundtrack. I got high hopes with the man behind Black Lagoon being the original creator. May be the surprise of the season!

Rage of Bahamut S2:
This show needs more love tbh, MAPPA produce high quality content and this being a two cour makes this think this will be AMAZING. Probably the stand out in terms of opening episodes so far.

AOT S2:
I read the manga so I know how hype this season is gonna be =). Wit Studio are my guilty pleasure so I know Ill enjoy this adaptation.

Planning to Watch
Grimoire of Zero: Intrigued by the premise and have faith in White Fox to pull something off.

That Chinese esport anime too - forgot the name lol.

Bleach-Episodes 346-348

I know I'm only about 6 episodes into this final arc, but so far, disregarding the filler arcs, it's been a huge dip in quality, and has been a frustrating watch so far.

Ichigo was acting so out of character at the start of this arc, it was actually unbelieveable. Throughout the entirety of Bleach, we've seen Ichigo selflessly defend his friends and family, and go out of his way to do so, yet here, despite that fact that Uryu has been injured and there is a clear danger to him and his friends, he chooses not to get his soul reaper powers back? The only reason they give is Ichigo says he "Doesn't want to cling to the past" but that is such an arbitrary and meaningless sentiment, and seems to go against everything his character stands for. Then, after Yuzu gets attacked, he instantly changes his mind? I know his sister is probably more important than his friend, but come on, you know Ichigo would definitely want to defend anyone close to him, so why it took two attacks I'll never know. Hell, Uryu got put in the hospital, seriously injured, whereas Yuzu barely got a scratch. It's just kind of nonsense. I did originally think that the whole "I don't want to cling to the past" thing was hinting that Ichigo's soul reaper powers were permanently gone, and instead he was going to use some sort of new power going forward, but no he's just getting his old powers back. This totally takes away any impact him losing them had, since he's getting them back in the very next arc, and retroactively hurts the end of the last (canon) arc. I know he is using the fullbring powers, but I imagine that's just a stopgap, not some permanent change.

Another annoying thing I've noticed is that Orihime's character seems to have totally regressed back to her Season 1 self. I'm not going to sit here and argue that she's the most well developed character in the world, but at the very least, she had grown stronger as a person, perhaps more mature whilst still maintaining her kind heart, but here she's totally gone back to being ditzy old Orihime, seemingly just for some cheap laughs.

SukaSuka ep1- seems a bit of a different fantasy series focused more on drama and romance. Im expecting this to be a bit of emotional rollercoaster
Bastard Magic Intructor ep2 - who knew Glenn is pretty badass
Grimore of Zero ep1 - White Fox know how to do a good fantasy show, enjoyable first episode the femal MC Zero seems interesting i'm just glas shes not a tsundre

Back