What manga are you reading now?

So i just finished reading Arifureta (yes, i read the fan translated stuff, which I am aware is filthy evil piracy...) and it was truly an excellent example of the stupidly overpowered Isekai which hits all my wish-fullfillment self-insert harem antic buttons.

Can't quite decide whether I like it or Death March better, but based on the above genre standard it's certainly a godly work. I am thus very pleased that J-Novel Club have the licence, and when work stops jerking me about and actually gets around to giving me a start date my first reward purchase shall be a new tablet and the e-book from them. A physical relase down the line like Grimgar would be even sweeter though...

The Seven Princes of the Thousand-Year Labyrinth Vol.2 (enjoyable fantasy-quest series but oh, that title !?!)

I dunno, it's still not as bad as Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon? which was a name only relevant for a volume and then never again (Although I guess I should be pleased about that...).

Heh that is because the author wanted to call it Familia Myth, but the editor demanded it be called a clickable LN-standard title. Hence Danmachi heh

Speeding through the remaining Spice & Wolf novels. Read Volumes 10 & 11 in the past week, starting 12.
I know it's a bit of a thing to pine for more seasons of the Anime so that's nothing new but the contents of the books past the Anime are blooming fantastic, I'd love to see them all animated ... sigh
Volume 10 Spoiler
I never expected to see another of Holo's kind (sorta anyways), took me by surprise.

Heh that is because the author wanted to call it Familia Myth, but the editor demanded it be called a clickable LN-standard title. Hence Danmachi heh

TIL. That's a huge shame as I quite like the name Familia Myth

Agreed with Peachy that I prefer Familia Myth to what we got. It's a better name in the long run, but then the clickable LN-standard title did get me into the series so I guess it worked?

My Hero Academia, Volume 1

Having watched a bit more of the Anime and having the big Viz Shonen Jump staring right at me, I decided to finally read my copy of Volume 1 I got in a sale a short while ago. Really dig the series so far, really enjoy All Might's dialogue and some of the gags surrounding him such as the fact he's drawn differently to everyone else.

Bungo Stray Dogs Volume 2 - loved this volume, definitely better than the first one.

Bungo Stray Dogs Vol. 2 too - just got my copy! :)

(I'd still like to see some Translator's Notes in this edition, old Kodansha-style. I think it needs some explanations about the authors etc. Or perhaps I just like Notes...)

Back