The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Interesting! Always nice to see more UC Gundam... though I still wish they'd give Crossbone Gundam an adaptation, but I'll try and keep a lid on that can of worms. :)

On Monday Digital Manga Publishing are trying to crowdfund Osamu Tezuka's "Wonder 3" again, having failed last time to do so. They are also offering seven other titles in the campaign: The Thief Inoue Akikazu; Yakeppachi's Maria; Dust 8; The Euphrates Tree; Say Hello To Bookila; Metamorphose; and Ambassador Magma.

Ambassador Magma would be the main one of interest to me, especially as it one of the first forerunners of the mecha genre. However, I especially like the Twitter feed for Tezuka in English's description of Yakeppachi's Maria: "Yakeppachi's Maria is about a horny teenager's ectoplasm walking around in a rubber sex doll suit and attending high school... #nuffsaid".

My hype for NGNL Zero cannot be contained within my mortal frame. Its one of the best single LN volumes i've ever read so this is going to be epic as *%\§

And heres hoping for an Overlord style season 2 announcement at the end right?

High School of the Dead Manga Creator Daisuke Satō Passes Away at 52

It looks like High School of the Dead can now be considered as dead (unless the artist decides to take up the reigns) since Daisuke Sato passed away at the age of 52 from ischemic heart disease (it might go some way as to why the series went on hiatus five years ago).

This is sad to hear. H.O.T.D. was one of the first anime and manga titles I picked up and really enjoyed. I wonder if it's possible to continue the franchise in anime form and give it an ending, like how Familiar of Zero was done. There's 3 volumes & 1 chapter left of material to adapt.

This is sad to hear. H.O.T.D. was one of the first anime and manga titles I picked up and really enjoyed. I wonder if it's possible to continue the franchise in anime form and give it an ending, like how Familiar of Zero was done. There's 3 volumes & 1 chapter left of material to adapt.
It is possible for the series to continue in manga form if Shouji Sato decides to continue it himself, but that does depend on if he wants to continue it.

Back