Your viewing journal

Akiba's Trip The Animation episodes 11.
Fuuka episode 11.
Konosuba 2 episode 10 (finished).

Really good episode to finish the series on. Finally got to see Wiz in action and see Aqua unleash some power.

Little Busters-Episodes 2-8

This seems very slow moving at the minute. I'm not entirely sure if it's going to have a plot or not. Oh well, it's pretty enjoyable either way. Komari is too adorable.

ACCA 13-Episode 11

Christ, the Coup might finally be happening.

Last edited:
Nisemonogatari ep1-2

The reputation of that toothbrushing scene preceeds everything else to the point where I had no real idea what to expect from Nise, but thus far, it's fine. Aside from a few leery camera angles, the fan-service isn't even that bad. Obviously we're moving towards something more dramatic, but the show also strikes me as much more sitcom-esque than Bake, although I'm hardly complaining - it's been very funny. For some reason, the sight of Kanbaru's conveyor belt full of BL had me in stiches.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 48

Looks like Mari Okada had a chat with Tomino when she wrote IBO!

Capeta - Episode 22 - 26

At the halfway point now. I like Capeta, it's good fun and I can easily identify with it as a karting Dad, my only criticism so far is that it tends to drag some of the dramatic moments out too much.

The Wind Rises (another rewatch)

I know this isn't the popular view, but this is my favourite Miyazaki film. I only wish I'd bought the BD double-play rather than the crappy, compression-riddled standalone DVD version, but I didn't have a Blu-ray player at the time.

I really like The Wind Rises as well, and while it isn't my favourite Miyazaki film it isn't far off.

Attack on Titan-Episodes 21-25 (Rewatch) (Complete)

Well, that's that rewatched in time for S2. Just as enjoyable the second time around as it was the first. That being said, I hope that Season 2 starts to answer some mysteries, mostly about the female titan's motivations and that damn basement.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid-Episode 11

Really sad that there's only one more of these left, I'll really miss it week to week.

Little Busters-Episodes 9 and 10

I can't help but feel that this show is really going to buckle under the weight of it's own cast. At this point, there's 10 characters in the main cast, and only now, at episode 10, have they all been introduced, and only a couple have really had much focus. There's no way in hell they can fully develop or flesh out all of the main characters or give them all meaningful character arcs when the show is almost half way through.

Last edited:
Serial Experiments Lain ep4-6

This is about the furthest I've ever reached when trying to watch Lain. I always seem to find it increasingly difficult to process what is actually going on as the series progresses, particularly around the fifth episode, as it seems to push the narrative so far into abstraction that it becomes more like a series of images joined by an overall theme, than any conventional attempt at storytelling. You could certainly argue that its disjointed approach relies a lot on dream logic, but I find it hard to engage with the show while it's pulling all these stunts - there's no constant point to latch onto. It's difficult to feel invested in Lain's hallucenatory journey when her personality seems to change dramatically between episodes (and occasionally between scenes) with little indication as to what brings this on.

With the sixth episode, the plot does suddenly seem to have crystalised into something more recogniseable, but whether it'll stick to that remains to be seen. As someone else pointed out, it's rather prophetic that the first line in the opening track is "And you don't seem to understand"...

The Tatami Galaxy rewatch (episodes 1–4)

I've watched this series several times by now. It's one of my absolute all-time favourites for so many reasons.
"I'm not going to lose. I'm not going to lose to pining for love."
That really resonates.

Back