What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

It's finally here! Pretty sure Nostradamus said Zeta finally being released was one of the signs of the apocalypse...

zlNK1fBh.jpg

A few things arrived for me this week.

First, some SAVE editions from the Rightstuff Funimation sale:
UdaPW9e.jpg

Another Righstuf order:

BwANNFz.jpg

Ive been wanting a uniform Sekirei set (I bought it again as the version i have is in a Bluray and Dvd case for season 1/2 which annyoys me).

This arrived this morning, happy to finally see its out after all the delays.

9nULRXs.jpg

Finally:

PV5zoiE.jpg

God Eater was part of a previous order, while Under The Dog turned up without warning yesterday (I had forgotten all about it). Its nice to see it finally come out though.

Well it's about damn time....

F13GQIYl.jpg

The artbox looks a bit sloppy tbh, the white part of the spine clearly isn't wide enough as I have slight bleeding from the front and the back, luckily it doesn't look too bad but still kinda annoying though.

4dKpdHjl.jpg

All picked over the last 2 or so weeks
I really enjoyed the first 3 volumes of Twin Star Exorcist so thought i'd get the rest
I've been hearing good things about Magi so i grab the first volume plus Haikyu!! volumes 1 and 2 and Platinum End volume 1 and the next volume of Blue Exorcist i needed

Received this week. First Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine from Amazon after NormanicGrav mentioned the great price for this second season. Ordered it together with the only Fate/Kaleid release i was still missing and Pet Girl of Sakurasou, and used Expedited Shipping for it.

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

And then i picked up three FUNI releases from the post office yesterday; Sekirei season 1 & 2, Nichijou and Wolf's Rain

1k0.jpg

got Zeta Gundam Part 1 yesterday, very nice box like the other 2 except for the that grey logo that doesn't line up, hopefully part 2 won't get delayed

IMG_20170218_234634.jpg

33011121795_a5d6e0449e_b.jpg

Would like to commend AL on getting the SE of Escaflowne out so quickly. Hope we see more fast turn arounds such as this in the future, especially where UEs are concerned.

32857085912_6b725c2569_b.jpg

Got my £25 BD drive, and I'm very happy with it. Great condition and seems to work perfectly. For £25, it was a bargain.

32857085912_6b725c2569_b.jpg

Got my £25 BD drive, and I'm very happy with it. Great condition and seems to work perfectly. For £25, it was a bargain.
it's a great drive. I have the same, only criticism is it can be a bit noisy (mostly on lower capacity disks such as cd) but I moved it from the top bay to the 2nd and its much more agreeable.

Did you get an m-disk with it? They're impressive but wait till you see what they cost each :p I was going to use them for photography backup but at that price I just burn 3 bd-r's per collection instead. (Edit: I paid £45 for mine btw so you got a bargain.)

it's a great drive. I have the same, only criticism is it can be a bit noisy (mostly on lower capacity disks such as cd) but I moved it from the top bay to the 2nd and its much more agreeable.

Did you get an m-disk with it? They're impressive but wait till you see what they cost each :p I was going to use them for photography backup but at that price I just burn 3 bd-r's per collection instead. (Edit: I paid £45 for mine btw so you got a bargain.)

I have no idea what an M Disc is, I'm afraid.

Zeta Gundam exists folks.

C5HYOL8WQAEUU6Q.jpg

More photos here. I checked through the discs:
  • Audio is DTS-HD MA 2.0
  • Subtitles are locked during playback (can switch audio via pop-up menu), folks have said the English subtitles are based on the Nozomi version which is good. English subs are Yellow, French subs are White.
  • Clean Opening & Closing are located on the third disc.
  • Like all English releases, Instrumental openings.
As for the box, honestly I don't have an issue with the bleeding.

C5HbzzRWEAEX7E9.jpg

Tomorrow I'll receive the Anime Limited release of Eden of the East. Can't wait.

I have no idea what an M Disc is, I'm afraid.
It's a special format disc that uses an archival quality carbon layer instead of gel/ink, it's designed to last hundreds of years. Mine came with one which is why I wondered, it's best not to waste it on anything but the most valuable of memories as they cost a lot. The Blu-ray player you bought is capable of writing to them (standard players can read them but a special higher intensity laser is needed to burn them.) It's what the symbol on the front of the drive designates (I was so disappointed it didn't mean it played/burnt Dreamcast gdroms:p)

Back