UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

32927289316_4eaa4a160c_b.jpg

Just move it to the other side of reconguista in g, then it'll blend in! ;)

I didn't even notice the side of the box on mine. It's there alright, but doesn't seem so bad on the shelf. I'm just thrilled to have it either way!

Did everyone who got their Escaflowne disc get it sent with the Zeta order? Because I haven't received any email yet.

Waiting for Anime-on-line to dispatch my Zeta too.

Did everyone who got their Escaflowne disc get it sent with the Zeta order? Because I haven't received any email yet.

Waiting for Anime-on-line to dispatch my Zeta too.
I believe it is being sent separately in waves. I have yet to receive my dispatch email for Escaflowne as well, I would assume it will ship some time next week.

Zeta and the Escaflowne disc both arrived today, separate packages.

I hadn't noticed the art bleed into the spine. Not a deal-breaker for me TBH. I can live with the spots as well, from a consistency PoV. Mostly, I'm just relieved to finally have it! Looking forward to Part 2 now. :)

I don't really understand complaining when a later version comes out that's cheaper or has different features. This happens all the time in the entertainment industry... Games get cheaper releases or complete editions with additional DLC that's often cheaper than the original release, CD's sometimes get remastered editions, Blurays get re-releases/Steelbooks etc or an even more extreme example is the people that backed hd-dvd.
The one time I was really annoyed by an anime re-release was the first series of Bleach which I'd been collecting in singles and then without warning came out in a nice tin box a month or two later. I stopped buying the singles at that point. I've never really begrudged rebuying on steelbook which I've done with a few Ghibli films now and Perfect Blue. Hollywood annoyed me years ago by bringing out single-disc editions of films which I bought while wishing it was a double-disc with extras, then bringing out a double-disc edition later.

Oh, and the regular edition of that one Death Note film which, according to Amazon reviews, is actually watchable unlike the limited edition book packaging I have.

Straight opinion- none of the design choices bother me. The bleed is barely noticeable, the stacking is a mild inconvenience (I've received plenty of releases with hinged trays that had the clips damage in transit) and the dots help break up what would otherwise be straight white. I'm even impressed by the new art on the art box which seems to be a photoshopped composition of the central art's background (used on the old BEI boxset) and images for the Gundam Perfect File magazine if I have my sources right.

rJgNBX3h.jpg

You'll see that change over time there now too so if it's listed for a quarter generally you'll know what's going to be in it to start. Belladonna is an odd one as all the materials are quite frankly a mess over it so it's not easy to put something together from that.

[snip]
The book is excellent for the special set (aka the one originally published in the USA) but for the rest on Belladonna - don't get your hopes too far up into the sky given the lack of assets supplied by Japan but we're working hard. Hearing the costs France had to pay to do what they did, it's not especially hopeful for the UK, but we're doing everything we possibly can as we love it too :)!

I think Cinelicious actually did a good job of producing extras for Belladonna, and there's not too much more I think I would add. There's an audio-only staff roundtable discussion (which I don't think is, but may be, a commentary) on the Japanese DVD w/ Eiichi Yamamoto and Gisaburo Sugii amongst others that would be interesting, but it might be easier to transcribe and put into a booklet. I've read some interesting snippets about books about Mushi Pro (including Yamamoto's autobiography The Rise and Fall of Mushi Pro) on Jonathan Clements' blog but not sure how amenable to being excerpted from they would be. Other than that, there are always the other Animerama films (unrestored?) and the Yamamoto-scripted OVA The Sensualist

The French set is stunningly beautiful, but content-wise I don't think it offers much more other than the soundtrack - which has just been released here on vinyl anyway.

On an entirely different note, while having a Google there I noticed that it appears that Belladonna of Sadness has the same sales agent as Night on the Galactic Railroad and the documentary Animation Maestro Gisaburo, which would make a fantastic paired release.

Newsire 100 is out! : Newswire #100 – 19th Feb. 2017 – All the Anime

Further confirmation of Overlord receiving a collectors edition (Thank you to whoever pushed for that!), though Andrew & co, AOT: Junior High no longer lists a collectors edition, has that been cancelled and changed to a standard Blu?

Cannot see Tokyo Marble Chocolate, Pigtails or Charlotte listed, I presume they must be titles they're looking to slot in (as mentioned in the newswire)

Newsire 100 is out! : Newswire #100 – 19th Feb. 2017 – All the Anime

Further confirmation of Overlord receiving a collectors edition (Thank you to whoever pushed for that!), though Andrew & co, AOT: Junior High no longer lists a collectors edition, has that been cancelled and changed to a standard Blu?

Cannot see Tokyo Marble Chocolate, Pigtails or Charlotte listed, I presume they must be titles they're looking to slot in (as mentioned in the newswire)

OVERLORD - I remember myself and a few others requesting the CE to Andrew, so I'm very happy about this.

AOT: JH - It was never a collector's set in the first place. The SRP was messed up.

Pigtails - They're working on a very limited collector's set so I doubt we'll hear anything for a short while.

Charlotte - Considering this was just announced, give them time. I'll assume they're sharing discs with Madman.

Newswire #100 said:
NOTE 2: If you don’t see a title listed below, it’s more than likely it won’t be getting released until after June 2017. When there are details for those titles, we will say accordingly

Guess we won't be seeing Death Parade and Eureka Seven any time soon.

Back