Your viewing journal

My Teen Romantic Comedy Snafu S2-Episodes 1-4

tfw I have to watch another 9 episodes of this ******* trash
V8Qs8KP.gif

Black Lagoon-Episodes 1 and 2

I wanted a show with some action to contrast the mind numbing boredom of Snafu S2, and going by these first two episodes, I picked the right show.
Black+lagoon+only+in+anime_c90223_4638497.gif

Keijo-Episode 3

Actually rather dissapointed this week, it seemed to end right when it was getting interesting.

Flip Flappers-Episode 3

Jesus. Christ. This episode was soooo good. At this point, I'm not even too fussed if this show winds up with a good story, I love the format it's taking, where Papika and Kokona just go on a wildly different adventure every week. It's visuals are once again just incredible and it's just so goddamn entertaining, just because of the sheer spectacle. I also love just how off the wall it is, this episode was like Dragon Ball Z meets Mad Max meets Magical Girls, and it does it so well too. Sod Yuri On Ice, where's the Flip Flappers hype?!

Black Lagoon-Episodes 1 and 2

I wanted a show with some action to contrast the mind numbing boredom of Snafu S2, and going by these first two episodes, I picked the right show.
Black+lagoon+only+in+anime_c90223_4638497.gif
Please say you're watching the dub, people always talk about Bebop when good dubs come up, but it's got nothing on Black Lagoon.

The Great Passage ep1-2

The subject matter is intriguing and I like their attention to small details in the animation (did I detect rotoscoping?), but it seems like a very mild series and I don't know that I'm in the right mood for it. I'll give it another episode or two at least.

Last edited:
Active Raid 2nd - Episodes 1 & 2

I decided to wait and watch in one go rather than watch it weekly, so far it is a bit of an improvement on the first series.

Didn't watch a whole lot of anime today, Black Mirror Season 3 launching on Netflix really ate into a lot of my time (Which is really good by the way, if you haven't checked it out) but I still managed to watch a little bit.

Black Lagoon-Episodes 3 and 4

Still very much enjoying the series. It isn't quite as gung ho as I might have expected, but that's a good thing, I like that it takes the time to set up the situation and characters rather than rushing to all the action. Oh, and if episode 5 doesn't have underwater neo nazi battles, I'll be sorely dissapointed. Don't let me down!

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable-Episode 30

This one was quite bizarre indeed. I really liked the design of the plant and the stand was a pretty cool idea. I hope that's not the last we see of Stray Cat though.

Drifters
-Episode 3

A 1940s fighter pilot fighting a dragon? ****. Yes.

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 (REWATCH) episodes 18-25 (COMPLETED)
So glad I re-watched this again. It is still my favourite show. Tomorrow I move onto re-watching the Akito the Exiled OVAs!

A Silent Voice - Definitely the best KyoAni work I've seen thus far, and I doubt they'll ever be able to top it. Hopefully there's a bluray release sooner rather than later as I need to rewatch it. Tears began about 5 minutes into the film and continued throughout.

Also managed 7 episodes of One Piece on the second leg of my journey to Edinburgh, and a further 7 episodes on the first leg of my journey back home. So the ~7 hours of travel weren't wasted.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans s2 ep 3. Nice to see some tactics from the capital ships that's more than just sitting around blasting each other.

The Great Passage ep 1. An interesting start, could either be fascinating (in a niche way) or incredibly dull. At the very least it looks like something I'd like.

The Sky Crawlers (rewatch). I love this film so much. I've rewatched it far too many times over the years, yet I'm still noticing little details that I missed previously.

Drifters - Episode 3 - Joan is my favourite.... As a side note, was it just me or was Crunchyrolls picture quality complete garbage for this episode? The subtitles certainly weren't as clean looking. At first I thought maybe my stream had dropped down the quality but I switched back to Episode 2 to compare and I feel there was a difference but not sure if it's just me...

*Just to add to this, I just checked on my PC and Episode 3 looks just as good as 1 and 2 did, but on my PS4 Episode 3 looks like a bloody DVD while 1 and 2 look fine :/ No idea wtf that's all about.

Izetta: The Last Witch - Episode 4 - I wanna like this anime so much but there's a bunch of things that annoy me about it, STOP WITH THE STUPID ******** AND LET ME LOVE YOU FFS! I'll probably keep watching, maybe.....we'll see.

Last edited:
Back