What manga are you reading now?

Servamp Vol. 7 (which ends where the anime ends - kind-of...)
First Love Monster Vol. 5 (Somebody stop me!)
The World's Greatest First Love Vol. 5

Chi's Sweet Home: Volume 12 [Complete]

Finally bought the final volume of the series and I can say after reading it that it was a lovely, satisfying, happy ending. It was a joy to read as has been the whole series.

Goodnight Punpun-Volume 3 (2 in 1)

Still as excellent as ever, although I noticed this volume (or volumes should I say? It's a two in one :p) are definitely distancing themselves from the dark comedy elements present in the other two volumes and feeling far more sombre, which is really something considering Punpun hasn't exactly been the most upbeat thing up to this point anyway. The characters and story are still just as dark and grim as before, some even more so, yet they still remain relatable on so many levels. Yes, it is incredibly depressing, but it's just so engrossing. Much like the end of the last book, this one also leaves me pondering about the future of one of the characters. Not a cliffhanger per say, but it certainly makes me wonder which direction the next volume will go. Still pretty sad I don't see more people talking about Punpun on here. I'm not sure if it's because it was probably scanlated ages ago or because the darkness of it puts people off, but I can't stress enough how great this series is. If you don't mind dark stories, I urge you to check this series out!

Goodnight Punpun-Volume 3 (2 in 1)

Still as excellent as ever, although I noticed this volume (or volumes should I say? It's a two in one :p) are definitely distancing themselves from the dark comedy elements present in the other two volumes and feeling far more sombre, which is really something considering Punpun hasn't exactly been the most upbeat thing up to this point anyway. The characters and story are still just as dark and grim as before, some even more so, yet they still remain relatable on so many levels. Yes, it is incredibly depressing, but it's just so engrossing. Much like the end of the last book, this one also leaves me pondering about the future of one of the characters. Not a cliffhanger per say, but it certainly makes me wonder which direction the next volume will go. Still pretty sad I don't see more people talking about Punpun on here. I'm not sure if it's because it was probably scanlated ages ago or because the darkness of it puts people off, but I can't stress enough how great this series is. If you don't mind dark stories, I urge you to check this series out!

If you like Goodnight Punpun, you should also check out Girl On The Shore by the same author.

I'd also recommend Scum's Wish and Inside Mari (available on Crunchyroll Manga) which have a similar tone.

BAKA & TEST: SUMMON THE BEASTS: Volume 13

Read all that's currently available now in English, really think I may prefer this version over the Anime version of the series!

Chi's Sweet Home: Volume 12 [Complete]

Finally bought the final volume of the series and I can say after reading it that it was a lovely, satisfying, happy ending. It was a joy to read as has been the whole series.

I've been buying the omnibuses and am very much looking forward to reading them.

As for now, I've been on a bit of BL binge with Blue Morning 6 and Don't Be Cruel Omnibuses 1-2.

Nodame Cantabile: Volume 1

I just can't help but feel a little underwhelmed after reading this first volume, I really can't gain a hook on any of the characters, I don't care for any of the male characters as they really just come across as jerks, and even though the main female in this is quite fun at times, there's nothing really to make me want to get invested in her. This volume Art Wise is not really my cup of tea either. But the volume plays a lot of it's cards close to it's chest and does make me intrigued to see what follows in the second and/or third volumes, probably one to explore further if there is a sale on.

I can definitely see it's appeal, but it's just not hitting the notes at the moment.

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou ch 73 - 76
MPD Psycho vol 1 - 2 really enjoyed the first two volumes. some great artwork and very interesting storyline, I'm hooked now.

Princess Resurrection: Volumes 1 - 3

Campy Horror is the main gist of the series so far over most of the first three volumes, renditions of classic movie monsters like the Wolfman, the Invisible Man, Mad Scientists and the Creature from the Black Lagoon amongst others all show up to make life difficult for Hime & Co. amongst a battle for the royal crown. The art is simplistic but is pretty serviciable at conveying what is happening at any point.

It's been a pretty fun read so far, but I have probably had my fill for now as the series' third volume hints at more serious business. I will probably return to the series at some point though!

Back