[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Sentai Filmworks have returned with two more license acquisitions from the upcoming Autumn 2016 season:

CtdpVu9XgAARmaQ.png

Flip Flappers

CtdbLx5WIAEFAYI.png

Girlish Number

Classicaloid is a show that's been getting some talk. Maybe it will or won't be a hit, but I guess Crunchyroll/Funimation's partnership hasn't necessarily killed Sentai like some assumed it would.

^Makes sense. When they operated separately they wouldn't pick up all the shows, and since their partnership isn't them getting shows TOGETHER, there's still space for Sentai in the market. If Sentai had a streaming service of their own, then we could have been concerned but I don't think it's too bad for them.

^Makes sense. When they operated separately they wouldn't pick up all the shows, and since their partnership isn't them getting shows TOGETHER, there's still space for Sentai in the market. If Sentai had a streaming service of their own, then we could have been concerned but I don't think it's too bad for them.

Sentai's parent company owns The Anime Network, which is why there have been some weird shows that were exclusive to the Anime Network (and one or two that were shared with Hulu/Viewster).

I think it goes without saying that if Classicaloid is Anime Network exclusive (and perhaps even if it's shared with Hulu/Viewster), it will die. Sentai probably need it to be on Crunchyroll.

I don't know much about ClassicaLoid, but the idea of people with magic like powers based on classical music is weird enough to be interesting. I guess it's the sort of thing that you'd need to see a bit of before you'd know where they were going with it (and maybe not even then).

Sentail has rescued Squid Girl ^^

That is awesome, I remember buying the Manga UK release of Squid Girl (or The Squid Girl as they titled it on the DVD) and liking it and being bummed out when Media Blasters did not do anything with season 2. Hopefully given the relationship between Manga/Animatsu and Sentai we may see season 2 and the OAV in the UK

Kind of makes me nostalgic for the days when Squid Girl would have been a fairly 'big' release for Manga - one thing I miss most about the old days of Manga is the podcast, as I feel they kind of lavished attention on their titles to a really impressive degree, and having Jonathan Clements on to add some backstory to them is an area that I feel is sorely missed to some degree when it comes to new titles these days.

F*** Media Blasters xD

To be fair in the days, they had some impressive titles . Then somewhere down the line line they were like "Oh we're running on a shoestring budget, lets cut 95% of catalogue and focus on new stuff" but instead taking a page from sentai, of just running a few new shows in subtitles to earn a bit of profit. They decide to go over with a dub track, for shows they've just released!

Here's an interesting Funimation fail.

Code Geass R2 has English mono tracks across all four of its discs. The Japanese audios are fine.

There's been no word on any fixes as of yet.

Back