The General Conversation Area

Accounting! The post Uni exams are to become chartered, it is optional but the course gave you 9/14 exemptions for those so it's kind of pointless not to persue it.

But yeah them saying you need to pay your exemptions before you can sit the other 5 exams is a massive middle finger especially since they wait until final year to tell you when they know you're in to deep.

Then on top of all that I need to pay of my Uni fees, though that ain't so bad since they'll take it slowly when I get a perm job above 15k a year I think.
I do accounting and my university has conveniently kept that quiet too. Seems like a slightly shady thing they all do.

That's the norm. Even at Uni if you're exempt from certain modules/subjects due to work experience, you don't receive a discount on your tuition fees (which are charged by QCF credits you study per year) so you still pay as you studied said subject.
I believe he's referring to the professional qualifications one may have to take to become a member of ACCA or ICAEW or a similar professional body. University courses can exempt students from some, but not all, of these exams.

I know what he's referring to. I'm just saying awarding bodies including Universities themselves charge for exemptions so it makes sense that a professional body would also.

My nose is blocked and won't stop running, my eyes hurt to open, I can't stop coughing, my body is so hot to the touch but I can't stop shivering and my head hurts, I think I'm dying. rip.

My nose is blocked and won't stop running, my eyes hurt to open, I can't stop coughing, my body is so hot to the touch but I can't stop shivering and my head hurts, I think I'm dying. rip.
A shower, of all things, can be of aid under such circumstances. The soothing, temperate waters may benefit one's constitution.

So by the looks of it it's been decided that I'm going to be switching to nightshift for a while to try help them get their **** together (most likely til March at the earliest), can't say I'm thrilled about it but someone had to do it had to and it's a bit more money. I'm a bit worried about how I'm going to adjust as I struggle to get to sleep as it is :s guess it's time to buy some blackout blinds (I already sleep with earplugs in....).

So, I think my phone might be busted. Took it off charge today at about 12pm and it was totally flat, 0%, by about 7:30. Most of that time was just on standby in my pocket too, and even when I did use it, it wasn't for long, and it was only some light web browsing. It's also really warm and quite laggy and slow. Luckily, I've only had the phone about 6 months or so, if that, so I'm going to take it back to Vodafone tomorrow to see if I can get it repaired or replaced. Given its seemingly battery related, and all the goings on with the Galaxy Note 7 fire hazards (My phone is the S7, figures), I am a little worried about it potentially catching fire...

I'm a bit worried about how I'm going to adjust as I struggle to get to sleep as it is :s guess it's time to buy some blackout blinds (I already sleep with earplugs in....).
But that means you will be able to relish in all those exciting Californian tweets that the motions of our host planet typically force us to miss!

So, I think my phone might be busted. Took it off charge today at about 12pm and it was totally flat, 0%, by about 7:30. Most of that time was just on standby in my pocket too, and even when I did use it, it wasn't for long, and it was only some light web browsing. It's also really warm and quite laggy and slow. Luckily, I've only had the phone about 6 months or so, if that, so I'm going to take it back to Vodafone tomorrow to see if I can get it repaired or replaced. Given its seemingly battery related, and all the goings on with the Galaxy Note 7 fire hazards (My phone is the S7, figures), I am a little worried about it potentially catching fire...

The heat / battery issue has happened to me before - and what had happened was that my email account had got stuck 'synching' endlessly, using up tonnes of the battery. Once I sorted that issue out, things were fine.

The heat / battery issue has happened to me before - and what had happened was that my email account had got stuck 'synching' endlessly, using up tonnes of the battery. Once I sorted that issue out, things were fine.
Yeah it's usually a app issue. Smart manager is usually good as picking up abnormal app functionality even from APK installation.

Worse comes to worse back up and factory reset.

$19.50 to much to risk for customs? Tried haggling it down to $18 but the seller won't budge.
Officially the customs threshold is £15, at current exchange $19.50 is £15.02.

HOWEVER, I'm not really sure if they use current exchange at all, feels more like pot luck. I've had stuff at a little under the threshold get caught (postage is included in the VAT calculation in this instance). But I've also had stuff way over the threshold pass through fine.

What I'm trying to say is; if its around $20, a couple of dollars either way probably won't make much difference to your chances.

Officially the customs threshold is £15, at current exchange $19.50 is £15.02.

HOWEVER, I'm not really sure if they use current exchange at all, feels more like pot luck. I've had stuff at a little under the threshold get caught (postage is included in the VAT calculation in this instance). But I've also had stuff way over the threshold pass through fine.

What I'm trying to say is; if its around $20, a couple of dollars either way probably won't make much difference to your chances.
When you got hit under the threshold it was because they added postage charges too?

The item I want to buy is $19.50 with free shipping so that shouldn't be an issue. I got a few hours till the offer expires, currently ordered something for $18 from Japan last week with free shipping so I'm waiting to see how that turns out, I think 18 is definitely safe but still.

Yeah it's usually a app issue. Smart manager is usually good as picking up abnormal app functionality even from APK installation.

Worse comes to worse back up and factory reset.

I ended up wiping the cache partition, and that seems to have fixed it.

I ended up wiping the cache partition, and that seems to have fixed it.
Ah!
Problem with S7 is no removable battery, I still got my Note 4 and have a spare battery so that's a litmus test I use to determine whether I have battery issue or abnormal app issue. (Only happened to me about twice I think) Part of the reason I was unwilling to upgrade and Note 7 basically confirmed my fears.

$£%& nightshift.

$£%& people who don't turn up for work.

$£%& 8 hour shifts turning into 12-13 hour shifts because of those people not turning up.

$£%& doing said shifts on 2-3 hours sleep.

$£%& my life right now.

;_;

On the plus side, it looks like I'll only have to do it til the 7th of November (maybe even sooner as one of the guys is thinking about swapping with me as he's a crazy person and likes nightshift....), which is great as no way was I going to be able to do this til March.....

Now my body is killing me so gonna go have a big girly bath and y'all can judge me for it all ya want. :p

Sorry to hear that, Buzzkillington. The following news article may be a boon to your spirits:

CuMEQCAWgAA-3FN.jpg:large

Back