Autumn 2016 Legal Anime Streaming Thread: The Sequel Season

Crunchyroll's FALL ROLLOUT ~

Looks like we can look forward to some Crunchyroll simulcasts announcements tomorrow at 4:00pm PST (12:00 am BST)

Last time, they got a whole bunch of shows, but no regions. They said the lack of regions was the price to pay for getting announcements so soon. I was personally rather tempted to ask if they had thought about it from a non-North American's perspective, seeing as the previous live stream was about 2am and didn't give us any concrete news whatsoever, making it spectacularly pointless and kind of insulting.

My patience for Crunchyroll's hijinks grows increasingly thin.

Crunchyroll | Simulcast | New Addition

02a687257d1e97cc21568934961dd68e1474930337_full.png

Kaiju Girls will be available to stream on Crunchyroll for regions worldwide except for Asia.

574766c5e192e079e8a3f2c852dcaaa51475017802_full.jpg

BUBUKI/BURANKI The Gentle Giants of the Galaxy (Bubuki Buranki: Hoshi no Kyojin)
English Dub: No
Regions: Worldwide excluding: Asia, Spain, Portugal, Australia, New Zealand; and German, French, Italian and Dutch Speaking Europe

44f7c2ca2cc2eceea569abf160ee60171475017953_full.jpg

Izetta, The Last Witch (Shuumatsu no Izetta)
English Dub: Yes, handled by Funimation
Regions: Worldwide except Asia

299c1e15b165588700ec9d9fba15d9831475017913_full.jpg

Nanbaka
English Dub: Yes, handled by Funimation
Regions: Worldwide except Asia

45ab45885efedbd0605755c51a69c78a1474940889_full.png

The following titles will be streaming on Crunchyroll:

• Brave Witches
  • Bungo Stray Dogs Season 2
  • Magical Girl Raising Project (Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku)

Last edited:
Shows I'm interested this season are Drifters, Flip Flappers, March Comes In Like a Lion, Sound Euphonium S2 and Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desukara. S2 (And I'm pretty sure I'm the only one), so fingers crossed they all get confirmed.

As always I know nothing about anything and will probably pick up 1 or 2 shows (hopefully more...).

I just looked up Izetta because of that image and it's probably the first thing on my to watch list (besides Iron Blooded Orphans) as it sounds pretty cool. I'll wait and see what y'all are ranting and raving about before I pick things up most likely.

Oh yeah, Drifters too....

Shows I'm interested in this season:
I guess Nobunaga no Shinobi looks cute.

Luckily I have Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni to look forward to because otherwise RIP.

Now Winter 2017...hype is off the charts.

Now this is what I plan to watch this season

Most definitely
All Out
Drifters
Haikyuu!! : Karasuno Koukou Vs Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2
Natsume's Book of Friends 5
Yuri!!! On Ice

maybe
Fune wo Amu
Magic-kyun! Renaissance
Watashi ga Moete Dousunda

Due to University I'll want to keep my simulcast watch pretty short for this season (and gives me room to sort out anime backlog and video games).

Here's my picks:

Haikyu!! Season 3 - Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou
This match is going to be epic, though it's only 10 episodes but I'm not fussed. I am however concerned that I can easily see how this match is going to end, but let's hope that I am wrong. A lot of sports anime has been rather predictable on its outcomes (Yowamushi Pedal surprised me at the very least).

Keijo!!!!!!!!
You knew this was going to happen. The concept behind this series is daft but rather intriguing. This will be a lot of fun to watch.

March comes like a Lion
Aniplex show of the season. The story, animation and studio has intrigued me and I haven't checked the PVs at all, just need to check the images and I'm already invested.

Sound! Euphonium Season 2
The expressions are strong with this one. I'm curious to see what direction the story goes for this season.

Honorable Mentions + May Be Included In My List During Simulcast:

All Out!
Rugby anime + Madhouse. Then again it could fall flat.

Ajin: Demi-Human Season 2
I marathoned this show when it appeared on Netflix. I may do the same with this season.

Drifters
The concept sounds interesting but I may wait it out in case it's that type of show where marathon the series is the best way to experience it.

The Great Passage (Fune wo Amu)
Amazon Prime Exclusive of the Season. The concept sounds interesting but I'll wait it out for now. I do have access to Amazon Prime now so I'll check it out when I want to.

Lugar Code 1951
The visuals look cool and studio DEEN is animating it. However it could fall flat so I'll wait it out.

My Wife Is The Student Council President!+!
Season 1 was rather entertaining. It's a short series so I'll wait for the whole thing to finish.

Occultic;Nine
Set in a timeline where all of the Science Adventure instalments are fiction, I'm curious to see how this series is handled. I'll wait it out for the time being though.

c35f02c226b54282aba4e5d2029e78821475171105_full.jpg

Brave Witches
Regions: Worldwide excluding Asia

157bcd6f2fd91a638eb5030548920e101475182912_full.png

Bungo Stray Dogs [Season 2]
Regions: Worldwide excluding Asia

a6c7e18c72eea0ac948b47f68f176d6a1475183130_full.png

Magical Girl Raising Project (Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku)
Regions: Worldwide except China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and North and South Korea

It'd be nice if they could get the first season of Wagnaria on Crunchyroll at some point.

Magical Girl Raising Project looks interesting, anyone potentially picking that up?
I'm tempted to give it a try but I'm not exactly confident I'll like it, so it'd be out of curiosity as to exactly how they'll handle things. The whole "magical girls fight each other" thing has been done quite a few times before and, to be honest, it's rarely been especially compelling. My biggest issue tends to be that the conflicts often feel forced and artificial, probably just as an excuse to be seen as "dark". I think what I'd like to see is a show where none of the characters are really evil and they have compelling and believable reasons to be in conflict.

I suspect Magical Girl Raising Project will be a show that's mostly about the action and gimmick, based on what I've heard. It might still be plenty of fun (or the grim and dark kind of "fun") but it's unlikely to be exactly what I'd like to see or to be especially unique. I guess it could turn out that it's a wacky/black comedy, which could be interesting in it's own way. I think there's room for a really interesting "magical girls fight each other" show but I'd probably be looking for something specific than most.

Back