Your viewing journal

Bleach-Episodes 268-270

If Ichigo is having a hard time against Ulquiorra, I can't imagine what chance Shunsui is going to have against the number 1 Espada.

Monthly Girls Nozaki Kun-Episodes 2-4

Still incredibly funny but there's not really a whole lot else to it at the moment. I guess if a comedy is funny, that's good enough, but I was hoping for a little more. Early days yet though.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable-Episode 22

Damn, that was brutal. Cannot wait to see more of Kira.

Berserk-Episode 9

Not exactly sure what happened at the end there.

Last edited:
So I finally hit 1000 watched :D (on Anime Planet at least) and for such a milestone I couldn't think of a better Anime to mark it than the viewing of Otaku No Video for the first time courtesy of the AnimEigo BD.

I really enjoyed it and I'm actually really glad I waited this long to see it as I noticed all the references etc.

Berserk Harder ep9

I hope the suggestion they might be going for a split-season with this proves accurate - at 12 episodes, this is going to finish just as it was getting good :(

Diamond is Unbreakable ep22

Thinking back to the manga, I never liked Shigechi and I wasn't that put out when he was killed off fairly quickly, but I didn't remember it being so nasty as that - would have thought he was killed by the first bomb.

The continued lack of a second ED still disappoints me though.

Monthly Girls Nozaki Kun-Episodes 5-8

I think "The Tanuki Transcends Space and Time" would be a great alternate name for this show.

Love Live Sunshine!!-Episode 9

Another great episode this week. Although, I'd like to point out that You literally jumped out of a window to catch a dress. Like, if Riko and Chika weren't there, she'd have plummeted to her death. I mean, I knew she was dumb, she has her name on her hat, but Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Catching up still :p

Berserk: Tower of Conviction (Japanese audio) - Episode 9
Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: The Second Plate (Japanese audio) - Episode 9
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: What a Beautiful Duwang (Japanese audio) - Episode 22

Lupin III: Part IV OAV 1 - Venice of the Dead

A fairly amusing addition to the series, although I think I'd have enjoyed it far less if not for that final reveal. Slightly disappointing too that, given Italy's strong history for B-grade zombie movies, they couldn't have worked in a more explicit reference to one of them.

Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun-Episodes 9 and 10

I'm not sure I've laughed as hard at an anime as when Nozaki came out in that bear costume, and all the subsequent gags about it. That just really cracked me up.

Bleach-Episodes 271 and 272

Ichigo's full hollow form looked awesome. Hell, I think that Ulquiorra battle was one of the best in quite a while. Saying that, I did quite enjoy the Szayelaporro fight from earlier, it was just far too long.

Otaku No Video - Episodes 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)

Another brilliant classic blu-ray release from AnimEigo, first time I've seen this in a few years but I thought it was even better than I remembered, can't wait for Riding Bean!

Galactic Drifter Vifam - Episodes 25 - 31

Mobile Suit Unicorn RE:0096 - Episode 19

Re:Zero 22

WTF went on there? I'm on god damn tenterhooks now but im on holiday next week so have to wait two whole weeks...

Damn

Edit... No idea why that all came out in bold text... Stupid phone

Monthly Girls Nozaki Kun-Episodes 11 and 12 (Complete)

Fairly dissapointed at that confession scene at the end. I wish Chiyo actually did confess her love properly. However, given how sidelined and downplayed the romance element is in this show, I can't say I'm surprised.

Re: Zero-Episode 22

That last Betelgeuse encounter seemed a little anti climatic. Kind of hope that isn't the last we see of him, even if that 'Kaboom!' was quite final. That ending sure came out of nowhere, incredibly interested what the hell is happening there.

Orange-Episode 9

I really wish Kakeru and Naho would just start dating already. I understand why they're not, but it's kind of frustrating at this point.

Last edited:
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (Japanese audio) - Episode 22

A very interesting episode. Thoughts on it here:
The fact that Kirito Sloth got killed and then double tapped was a surprising outcome. I certainly wasn't expecting that but considering Re:ZERO and all, I knew something wasn't right. Like in other anime stories, it felt simply too easy to finish the situation and in fact that turned out to be true when another person doing the exact same thing appeared. Of course she died as well but now it seems there's a certain amount of people with the same ability and mentality so I bet one of the last few will probably reach Emilia in the concluding part of this arc.

Julis having a different change of personality bothers me. It felt too forced to the story and very out of place for him considering how we last saw him in the earlier episodes. I don't agree with his personality just yet, I think we'll need a few more bits of character development between Subaru and Julis to sort that out.

And that random part in the final scene gave me WTF-vibes. Perhaps he got teleported by security due to the Gospel book he was holding or perhaps Ram did something to see what on earth was going on. Who knows? Guess we'll have to find out in the next episode of Re:ZERO Z.

A bonus note:
Kirito Sloth: "Where is your gospel"
Subaru: "I used it as a coaster, but threw it out since I ruined it."

s4oVA0s.gif

Last edited:
Lupin III: Part 3 ep 13-14

I've vaguely heard 'Variation on the Joke' referred to as one of the highlights of Part 3, but oh boy... That was hands down the strangest episode of Lupin I've ever seen.

It starts simply enough, with Fujiko dragging a burnt-out Lupin off to fleece a society party, but soon they've been into space, Lupin has been crucified, forced to hide in the wilderness and attacked by a violent crow that he kills and eats with his bare hands. And this is all before the ad-break.

It makes precious little narrative sense, but there's something strangely compelling about its dream logic and aggressively bizarre imagery. I'm actually kind of disappointed it wasn't given the feature length treatment as it could easily have been a spiritual sequel to Mamo.

Last edited:
Food Wars! The Second Plate episode 9.
Re:Zero episode 22.
Can't end an episode like that. Making us wait a week to find out what's going on.

Back