What manga are you reading now?

Noragami Volume 16 - Liking where the story is going now, shame we've gotten close to Japan now and there won't be a release every month :(

Yeah I have all the volumes but haven't got around to reading them yet...

oh well, what i did read yesterday was Monster since i got the last perfect edition. Certainly an excellent manga, but can't help feeling the end was a little unfulfilling... oh well, still an excellent read

Started the first volume of My Monster Secret. The manga itself is pretty much as good as I expected after watching the anime, but I have some slight issues with how Seven Seas have handled it. The translation is all, like, totally American teenager. I get that the manga is about teenagers, but it's still jarring and I would have preferred a more literal translation. Also, a single word in each speech bubble is in bold, as if some emphasis should be placed on it even though it's just a regular word in a regular sentence. I don't know, maybe this kind of oddity is normal in Seven Seas publications, this is the first I've read of theirs so I wouldn't know. These two grumbles are not enough to stop me reading, but it does dent my enjoyment.

Also reading Kiss Him Not Me Vol. 6 (Junko) and Behind the Scenes Vol. 2 (Bisco Hatori) - the latter in the fond hope that it will be better than Vol. 1.

Say I Love You Volume 15 - I've been following this series for many years (before it was released in English), and I'm glad to see that the story will be continuing beyond the high school years of the cast because that's quite rare for Shojo I find. From the afterward it seems as though the mangaka isn't ready to leave the characters/story anytime soon and that suits me just fine. :D

What an evil way to finish that volume off though. I do hope... that Mei accepts Yamato's proposal if that's indeed what he's up to as the last scene implies. I love that couple so much and now that Yamato is older and not as possessive of Mei I think they're good together (I must admit to not being fond of him for the first few volumes lol). It was nice finally getting to see Yamato's mother this volume too, she seems interesting.

Also reading Kiss Him Not Me Vol. 6 (Junko) and Behind the Scenes Vol. 2 (Bisco Hatori) - the latter in the fond hope that it will be better than Vol. 1.

I personally still can't get into Behind the Scenes. Volume 2 was less aimless than the first volume, but unfortunately it's certainly no Ouran. I'm wondering if I'll even stick with it as there are much better series I started collecting recently that I'm enjoying more. Might be one to drop and go back to if I hear it gets better. :(

I need to buy my next volume of Kiss Him, Not Me!. I read it on Crunchyroll but only own the first three volumes. It's enjoyable enough that I want to own it, but I keep running into the problem of everywhere having volumes 5 & 6 but not 4. XD Might have to order online sometime soon...

[Whoops - this multi-quote thing again! Sorry if it's caused a problem... it wasn't intentional on my part. :eek: ]

Just going to say that Kiss Him Not Me is definitely worth staying with; Junko knows what she's doing. I was afraid it might start to become rather trivial but there's still enough of an edge to make it a fun read.

But disappointing re. Bisco Hatori. Too much pressure to produce another success like Ouran, perhaps? It seems especially hard for mangaka who've had a big hit series to follow through with another big-hitter.

Kizumonogatari (Novel) - Chapters 12-18 (Complete)

I can't believe I put this novel on-hold for nearly 9 months, but I remembered that I still didn't finish it so I finally took the time today to marathon the rest of it. And much like Araragi said in the beginning, this tale does end up quite miserable but nevertheless it was excellent story-telling, though the fanservice was unexpected especially near the end.

I look forward to Bakemonogatari this December.

First Love Monster Vol 1 (I was curious, that's all...)
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-Kun Vol. 4 (Yes!!)
Papa's Assassin Vol.1 and Iberico Pork Vols 1 & 2 by Shoowa (Hana Collection Boys Love)

Back