Post a picture of your Music Library!

IncendiaryLemon

Captain Karen
So I've noticed on this forum that not a lot of people tend to talk about music too often. Granted, it's an anime forum, not a music one, but it's definitely something I'd like to see talked about more. I thought this might be a fun little thread to have to generate some discussion. So the premise is simple, just post an image of your music library, weather it be iTunes, Winamp, Google Play Music or even a physical collection. I just think it would be fun to see what kind of music people around here listen to in general and see how varied taste is across the forum.

I suppose I'll start:
ficvB1j.jpg

I really need to clear out my iTunes abit. There is some stuff in here I haven't listened to since I was about 13 like Fall Out Boy, Linkin Park and Deftones.

Not sure how well this thread will catch on but I'd be super interested to see what kinds of music people like.

Very nice. I'll get my iTunes photos up later today (some bits and pieces need artwork etc.).

I notice the Bakemonogatari OST, which reminds me since I plan to pickup the album off Amazon JP at some point, gotta have those OP songs from the lovely cast.

Well that took a while. Imgur wouldn't even open which was annoying and the images aren't top notch which is even more annoying.

Note that about 20% of the albums listed aren't complete.

YXSbtPl.png

K5HT5sh.png

BmflKEm.png

t7iQnCQ.png

criUMSO.png

aG0I9US.png

YZGtvQa.png

43dTqdy.png

8gl5HxI.png

4VEtRfk.png

k2rK3Ty.png

WNKxpwE.png

MCozzwv.png

WL9j3jn.png

rjlWWyt.png

IncendiaryLemon said:
Woah, you have way more than I have! It seems we have a lot in common, could probably take some of these as recommendations haha.

My taste in music has varied quite a lot over the years. I would argue that I have pretty good taste in music despite many people in school telling me otherwise (they only say that because of bad timing - I was listening to metal music literally each time).

Feel free to check out the artists I have on my iTunes through Spotify and YouTube.

Examples of bands I like to recommend (outside of the most obvious (though taste may differ to many)):
3 Inches of Blood - Advance and Vanquish
Alter Bridge - AB III.5 | Blackbird | Fortress
Audioslave - Audioslave
Avenged Sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold | City of Evil
Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond
Chevelle - Wonder What's Next
Coldplay - Parachutes | A Rush of Blood to the Head | X&Y
Danzig - Danzig
Dark Tranquillity - Damage Done
The Dear Hunter - The Color Spectrum: Black, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, White, Violet
Gojira - From Mars to Sirius | The Way of All Flesh
Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings | The Dark Saga | Horror Show
Keane - Hopes & Fears
Killswitch Engage - As Daylight Dies | Disarm the Descent
KoRn - Issues | Greatest Hits Vol.1
The Mars Volta - De-Loused In The Comatorium | Frances the Mute
Mastodon - Blood Mountain | Crack the Skye | The Hunter | Once More 'Round The Sun
Pearl Jam - Ten
Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger | Superunknown
The Sword - Age of Winters | Gods of the Earth
Three Days Grace - One-X
Tool - Ænima | Lateralus
X Japan - Art of Life | Blue Blood

May not be the best person to say this due to having rarely posted here over the past few years, but this thread is a nice Idea, before the whole Anime & Manga thing came to fruition, I was mainly buying Music CD's with spare cash, So I've amassed a sizable collection over the years, slowed down these days (only one CD bought this year) though I do still buy the odd album digitally from time to time.

I'll upload the Images in just a bit! :)

Nice collection you have there, especially with vinyls!

Yowanda-san said:
Also, have you and Grav listened to Close to the Edge? It's Yes' best album, so you really should if you haven't.

I'll listen to it as soon as possible!

Yowanda-san said:
http://i.imgur.com/oLa4Gfm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PDhzRHi.jpg
I also have a μ's mixtape somewhere :3

@IncendiaryLemon imo, In Utero is the superior Nirvana album. Have you heard it? If not you should check that out and also Relationship of Command, Infinity Land and Pinkerton, they're all pretty essential 'rock' albums from the last ten/twenty years.

Also, have you and Grav listened to Close to the Edge? It's Yes' best album, so you really should if you haven't.

Nice collection. I can't say I have listened to In Utero. I'm not *too* into Nirvana, I only really listen to their big stuff, a chunk of which is on Nevermind, but the stuff I've heard from other albums seems pretty good too. They've always been a band I've wanted to listen to more of. Same goes with Yes, I've not really listened to much besides Roundabout from Fragile and I keep meaning to listen to more, including Closer to the Edge. I think Rush is next up on my list of bands I'm going to listen to more of as 2112 and especially Moving Pictures are phenomenal. I'll also be sure to check out those other albums too, I've heard a couple of tracks off of Pinkerton and One Armed Scissor off of Relationship of Command from Rock Band and Guitar Hero and I enjoyed them. For you, I'd probably recommend you check out Queens of the Stone Age if you haven't already. ...Like Clockwork has quickly become one of my favourite albums. Besides the first and last track, every song is superb.

Well I guess a bit later turned into next day, Oops! Most stuff here are full albums, it's only a handful of stuff which is actually most of the Japanese Music which are just single/random tracks (most of them being Anime Music). Yes my tastes in music are kind of all over the show, it's what happens when an easy influenced mind is left to do it's business (also could never resist a cheap album pickup back in the day, even if there we're only a couple of songs I liked on the album.)

Anyway, from the collection's posted so far there seems to be a reasonable amount of crossover within them, which is pretty cool! :)

(Also just clocked a handful of my albums are missing!).

This is the majority of my music collection. There is a bit more but I ended up hitting the upload limit so I'll have to add the other three images in a different post later on. I think from this you get the idea of the bulk of what I like though :D (Note: Not all of the artwork is present or correct due to iTunes being silly and I'm too lazy to ever fix it)
Music 1.png
Music 2.png
Music 3.png
Music 4.png
Music 5.png
Music 6.png
Music 7.png
Music 8.png
Music 9.png

Hehe, it's so old now it's difficult to find people who remember it! Especially as the band never really did anything too memorable afterwards (at least I lost interest with their second album).

Yeah, I love that album to death but was also dissapointed by their follow ups. Choices was pretty good though

Back