Anime at the cinema

Just got back from Leeds Film Festival, watched Fortune Favours Lady Nikuko. I would highly recommend watching this film if you get the chance.
Nice. Another fan. 👌

I saw it at Scotland Loves Anime last month and really enjoyed it. It's got the bold and surprising artwork choices of Studio 4°C's previous film, Children of the Sea, but with a stronger story. It was an unexpected highlight of the festival for me.

Since Aniplex bought Madman about 5 years ago, we've been getting pretty consistent releases of general theatrical releases of major anime movies here in New Zealand. I saw MHA: World Hero Mission a couple weeks ago and am seeing SAO Progressive next week. They've already confirmed part 3 of the Eureka Seven movie remake trilogy being shown over here too.

Seems like more dates have been added for Belle, including a single screening at the Odeon at Andover.

Might as well make the most of some freebie cinema tickets I got sent from Lloyds Bank :)

I booked my ticket to see that at my local independent cinema. The ticket has a typo on it, though, and says "The House of the Lost Cape". 😅

(Or maybe it's an entirely different animated film just with a similar title. 😛)

Just saw about this via Anime Limited's Instagram, booked mine, don't usually get something like this in an area close to me.

Gonna go and check this out. Shame it's not showing in the local cinema but I'll take a day trip to see it.

Moonfall-another B grade disaster film by Roland Emmerich-although it was full of cliches and wooden performances from the likes of Halle Berry, Patrick Wilson and a cameo by Donald Sutherland it was quite entertaining. 6 1/2 out of 10.

Saw The House of the Lost on the Cape today and I found it to be a really sweet film, I'd recommend it for sure if you like films about family.

Admittedly I went in completely blind so I didn't know what the film was going to be about but I love seeing anime on the big screen and supporting these limited screenings we get when I can.

Hopefully Anime Limited will pick this up which I feel is very likely as they're the ones I heard about this showing through.

Last edited:
Saw The House of the Lost on the Cape today and I found it to be a really sweet film, I'd recommend it for sure if you like films about family.

Admittedly I went in completely blind so I didn't know what the film was going to be about but I love seeing anime on the big screen and supporting these limited screenings we get when I can.

Hopefully Anime Limited will pick this up which I feel is very likely as they're the ones I heard about this showing through.
Having just seen it - I'd agree. It was quite heartwarming and enjoyable. Went in blind and was pleasantly surprised.

Believe Anime Limited have the film, the handout that they gave us at the cinema mentioned that they were distributing the film.

Having just seen it - I'd agree. It was quite heartwarming and enjoyable. Went in blind and was pleasantly surprised.

Believe Anime Limited have the film, the handout that they gave us at the cinema mentioned that they were distributing the film.
Ah, nice, will be picking it up then when it releases, for some reason I didn't pick up the handout, should have really.

Back