The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

How is the manga? I thought the anime was very comfy and I’ve been meaning to give it a read.
The vast majority of the first 4 volumes were animated, so content wise you know what you're getting. The later volumes carry on with the same enjoyable SOL goodness and the art is lovely.

Funimation

Ulysses Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight
Double Decker! Doug and Kirll
Angels of Death
Goblin Slayer
Senran Kagura Shinovi Master
How Not to Summon

Sentai

Akame ga Kill! Complete
Damepri Anime Caravan
Den-noh Coil Complete
Hakumei and mikochi
Just because
Mitsuboshi Colors
My girlfriend is shobitch
Negima
Negima!?
Parasyte the maxim Complete
Saiyuki

I only need 3 more sentai titles and that will be it for me.
Excluding preorders, which I have no issue sourcing.

Nope.
Just Tada never falls in love and kase-san and morning glories.

Also my sentai order won't be dispatched until November when I order these.

My Roommate is a Cat
Nanbaka
Star Blazers 2202 complete series
Conception
Harukana Receive
Restaurant to Another World

Yumeiro Pâtissière
Mr. Tonegawa: Middle Management Blues
Natsu no arashi
Hidamari sketch complete collection
Haikyu season 3

So I have a few by then.

From the Sentai sale @Denny Fisher? - They have a lot of great offers, but A) won't ship to me, B) I have no more money for blu-rays for now lol. Really wanted some stuff, so I'm hoping Amazon kind of price matches ($17.99-$25.99) and won't ship until next month. Hoping for that $38.99 Clannad set 😉
Theres Black Friday in November too, so start saving. Don't you have any American friends?

(Actually ordered that on Monday.)
After learning, that the KyoAni Shop accepts foreign credit cards, via the digital images sales that went around as a means of donating when donations weren't up yet, this is my first physical item order from them now. KyoAni exclusive artbooks have always been inflating in price after their limited run in the shop. But after the arson attack they have been exploding even more across the board. (My Hyouka artbooks being about 5x time their original price now have doubled over once more.)
I got the Violet Evergarden CM Keyframes artbook via Amazon JP Marktplace shortly after its release, but now that I know that I can buy it directly from the shop, I figured that's the most reasonable thing to do. Still somewhat facepalming over my own stupidity of not having simply tried it before, but oh well. (Registering is a slightly cumbersome, but doable.)
This VE artbook is scheduled for release in February 2020, so that's going to be a while yet. Money is being taken by the KyoAni Shop upfront if anyone wonders.
Not having much of a problem with that.
What does make a little bit sour is, that this artbook's preorder/order reservation cutoff date was the 14th and on the 15th they put that up again

OK, not that I would have gone for the framed picture (30800Yen is a bit steep), but would have gone for the LNs. Just really, what's been is this stupid timing that wouldn't allow combined shipping. (Shipping is a flat fee per order unless you reach minimun cart value.)

All nine current volumes of 早乙女選手、ひたかくす (Saotome Senshu, Hitakakusu). Blind-buying Manga I not only can't read but there's very little information about in English on the strength of the artwork alone feels like another watershed moment in my descent down the otaku-hole. But you can't deny being punched through the heart at first sight.

9784098602940.jpg

Also it feels like the time to take advantage of the exchange rate, it could go anywhere from here.

Last edited:
Ordered the Jin-Roh Collector's Edition combi set tonight from AOL. I got the Japanese LE box set years ago, but the box on the UK set looks really nice, and has a booklet and digipak, so I'm double-dipping on it.

Back