The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

If anyone has the following Sentai BD titles:
The World God Only Knows Complete Collection (Seasons 1 to 3 and OVAs in one set)
Log Horizon Complete Collection (Both Seasons on 6 discs (MVM's release has 8))
K-On Premium Edition

Can anyone confirm if the errors in the initial releases of each of these titles were fixed?
The World God Only Knows (audio error in the Japanese audio in Season 1, episode 12)
Log Horizon (textless OPs and EDs used in episodes by mistake)
K-On (audio error in Japanese audio in Season 2, episode 11)

Argggghhh don’t open up old wounds there Shadow Cat :) Really liked their releases and most of their shows, so it was a sad day/week/month seeing them leave the anime market. Although if i’m not mistaken there was never an official announcement from NISA regarding that fact.

I had to pay a bit of a premium for the three NIS America Natsume Premium sets after they were OOP, but I'm so glad I was able to snag them, What a great series. I sold off my three Hanasaku Iroha Premium sets to help pay for them, after I discovered I didn't care for that series at all.

What no care for Hanasaku ... blasphemy :p

Well still missing the first set of Natsume and also Wagnaria, but not actively hunting them for the moment. Scalper prices don't help much either.

What no care for Hanasaku ... blasphemy :p

I remember showing the first season to my mother with the English dub about two years ago, we got about 3-4 episodes in and neither of us could stand all the screaming comedy - I remember a scene where the family was in a car driving around looking for something, and the screaming got to unbearable levels for the both of us, so we shut it off for good. Same thing with Kimi no Todoke - I watched the entire first season, on my own and subtitled, and I was actually enjoying the story but still I had to drop it because of the excessive screaming and chibi scenes in every episode. I just couldn't take any more. Sorry, I don't care much for comedy to begin with, and I especially don't like that style of anime comedy.

Last edited:
I remember showing the first season to my mother with the English dub about two years ago, we got about 3-4 episodes in and neither of us could stand the screaming comedy - I remember a scene where the family was in a car driving around looking for something, and that screaming got to unbearable levels for the both of us, so we shut it off for good. Same thing with Kimi no Todoke - I watched the entire first season, on my own and subtitled, I was really liking the story but still I had to drop it because of that spastic screaming and chibi in every episode. It got to be so obnoxious I couldn't take it any more. Sorry, I just don't like comedy, especially that kind of inane anime comedy.
Good place to stop with Kimi no todoke I'd day then. Before the drama became rather obnoxious..

I got my Natsumes still right on time. Picky p1 was just getting oop then, but was able to replace the normal one. Still eying the jps, through. S1-2 were DVD only with Nisa and then bit finishing it also means format consistency trainwreck, if I ever complete it somewhen...

To date, I've seen HSOTD three times, and I've been equally entertained each time. It's one of my anime comfort food shows. I'm not fan of fanservice BTW, as I currently wish a slow death to High School DxD.

I've always enjoyed HOTD. Seen it a few times. The fan service is goofy and unneccessary but I always found the characters and story outweighed that and it was an interesting take on a zombie story.

The manga extends a bit beyond where the series left off but the author stopped writing it after the Fukushima disaster as he wasn't comfortable writing an apocalypse story any more. So there is morebut it is incomplete. (I have the a4 sized full colour editions) I enjoyed them but it is what it is, as it were.

HOTD, I don't want to criticize it harshly, but an easy way for me to describe it is one of the B movie horrors of anime, there are people that will be attached to it for one reason or another, but I didn't find myself wanting to watch it again.

I'd say good while it's there at least, but some stuff (like the aforementioned spoiler tagged scene) doesn't really make much sense, pretty much like a lot of zombie films.
One of those I reccomend to watch as a lot of people still talk about it now and then, but there's a lot more out there if you want something that looks more than an average zombie plot

The manga extends a bit beyond where the series left off but the author stopped writing it after the Fukushima disaster as he wasn't comfortable writing an apocalypse story any more. So there is morebut it is incomplete. (I have the a4 sized full colour editions) I enjoyed them but it is what it is, as it were.

More like he had severe health issues until he died a couple years ago..

Back