MANGA UK Licenses: Casshern Sins

Neferpitou

Stand User
casshernsins.jpg

MANGA UK Licenses: Casshern Sins

Manga UK has now revealed their next Anime license after Highschool of the Dead is Casshern Sins. The first volume will be released on DVD around May/June time next year. There are no plans as yet to release the series on to Blu-Ray.

Source: Manga Twitter

I enjoyed it, despite it probably being the most unrelentingly bleak thing I've seen. You won't be seeing much of the colour green. Plenty of brown though.

In the distant future, where cyborgs and humans struggle to survive after the war which destroyed the world, a being in white suit awakens. His name is Casshern and he remembers nothing of his own past.

In barren and dark dystopian world, where every being alive seems to hate his existence and the evil from his past wants him dead, Casshern, haunted by the flashes of his past memories has to survive and figure out who or what exactly he is and how he got to where he is now. But he does not know that he might not like the horrible truth of the past, hidden deep inside his mind...

JohnC said:
I enjoyed it, despite it probably being the most unrelentingly bleak thing I've seen. You won't be seeing much of the colour green. Plenty of brown though.

In the distant future, where cyborgs and humans struggle to survive after the war which destroyed the world, a being in white suit awakens. His name is Casshern and he remembers nothing of his own past.

In barren and dark dystopian world, where every being alive seems to hate his existence and the evil from his past wants him dead, Casshern, haunted by the flashes of his past memories has to survive and figure out who or what exactly he is and how he got to where he is now. But he does not know that he might not like the horrible truth of the past, hidden deep inside his mind...

ofc ur gonna struggle to survive on a world you destroyed

it won't be there :D

JohnC said:
So by "unrelentingly bleak" are we just talking about visuals, or about the show's general attitude? Because if the story is unrelentingly bleak I'm interested (in importing the blu-ray).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casshern_Sins

Created as a reboot of the Casshern franchise, Casshern Sins tells the story of a world where robots subjugated humanity after becoming self-aware. Their leader, Braiking Boss, ruled over the world with an iron fist. One day, a mysterious girl named Luna is summoned by the people, in order to bring the salvation of mankind. Fearing her as a potential threat, Braiking sent three of his most powerful cyborg warriors to dispose of Luna: Casshern, Dio and Leda. Casshern, the strongest warrior, manages to track down and kill Luna. However, this triggers a cataclysmic event which sets into motion the end of the world. Hundreds of years later, the world's atmosphere is filled with poison, and, due to the inability of most remaining humans to reproduce, as well as the constant threat posed by the robots, humanity is on the brink of extinction.[4]

Robots fare little better, fearing death as much as humans do: the poisonous environment quickly causes their mechanical bodies to rust and corrode, forcing them to constantly replace their damaged parts, if spare parts in good condition can even be found. In this wretched time and place, Casshern, who had disappeared following the assassination of Luna, returns with no memory of who he is or what he had done. As he embarks on a journey to find out the truth about himself, Casshern will discover his true purpose and destiny.[4]

Some reviews,

http://www.mania.com/casshern-sins-part ... 23016.html
http://www.mania.com/casshern-sins-part ... 23017.html
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/ ... -2/blu-ray

ayase said:
So by "unrelentingly bleak" are we just talking about visuals, or about the show's general attitude? Because if the story is unrelentingly bleak I'm interested (in importing the blu-ray).
Everything. The world is totally screwed. Everything is disintegrating. Nobody has any hope, except perhaps one certain child character. But it's still interesting.

As well as being the best series ever, it's utterly pointless; going nowhere over the duration of its mostly episodic series. Gotta love when the main character swears not to kill anyone in the second to last episode... then goes and kills, again. I was drawn in by its post-apocalyptic setting and bleakness, but it's more dull than depressing.

Madhouse rarely fail but they did with Casshern, Kurozuka and Shigurui.

Aion said:
I was drawn in by its post-apocalyptic setting and bleakness, but it's more dull than depressing.
Warning heeded. However, do remember how much I enjoy the films of pretentious boredom-meister Mamoru Oshii.

JohnC said:
The world is totally screwed. Everything is disintegrating. Nobody has any hope...
Your TV screen wouldn't happen to be double-glazed with a white PVC frame, would it?

Back