(RRP: £39.99)

15784481x.jpg

(Re-Release) Berserk Complete Collection

16142391x.jpg

(Re-Release) Gun Sword Complete Collection

16142444x.jpg

The proportions on that last cover scare me.

A very high quality week otherwise for releases; shame I have the things I'd buy already :(

R

Rui said:
A very high quality week otherwise for releases; shame I have the things I'd buy already :(

R
Well, in fairness, they can't keep on re-releasing good series and expect everyone to buy them each time. ^^;

Not when PlayUSA sell the R1 sets months in advance for under £18 they can't, anyway. FMA: Brotherhood is getting R1 lovin' from yours truly.

...Typing of which, they should've sent my Eden of the East set by now. And it sucks hairy **** how my parcels from them seem to always take a week from the dispatch date to arrive.

Rui:

I Picked up Gun X Sword thinpack boxset (above) at the last expo, despite the obvious "fanservice qualities" of the characters on the cover, its not really like that. Okay in fairness the one in the background is called carmen 99 (99 in reference to the size of her boobs according to the shows main character)

If you haven't seen it yet i'll try to sum it up, Its generally episodic with a main story trailing through it, every episode includes a good storyline for its 30odd minutes, giving small parts of character history, motivation and leads to further adventure/search for a main "thing/someone" by the end i believe its meant to tie up the story and it turns more serious. In fairness i'd compare aspects of it to the following shows: Bakuretsu tenshi (Burst angel) for the sudden mecha fights that appear out of the blue, the remainder of the episode doesn't usually have mecha appearing 3-4 times. its usually the main characters doing things. Cowboy bebop - okay, now its not based in space and they aren't bounty hunters, but the main character (Ray?) reminds me of spike. similar looking and similar body. even wears a "tuxedo" 99% of the time..... Spike wears a suit 99% of the time. Worth giving a watch i'd say.

I have absolutely nothing against the averagely-sized boobs on the cover, it's more the frontmost character's snakelike, neverending ribcage-to-hip area. To each his own ^^;

R

Maxon said:
Forty quid for Baccano!? Seems a little steep for a short series. It's good but not THAT good.
If you take VAT into consideration the retail price is almost the same as that of the US collection. Also, I would contend that it is, in fact, THAT good.

But if anyone's not sure, it might be worth waiting for the inevitable price drop. Every DVD Manga has ever released has been heavily discounted within a few months of release.

I'm surprised Baccano! is an 18, you have to try get hard to get one of those these days with animation. I've only seen one episode though, so I have no idea what it gets like later!

christor said:
I'm surprised Baccano! is an 18, you have to try get hard to get one of those these days with animation. I've only seen one episode though, so I have no idea what it gets like later!
Realistic violence I assume. Contains some shootings, I assume one of them did it. Possibly a suicide in there, can't remember.
Got the equivalent in the US so not too surprising.

I'm still waiting on my copy, thanks to getting a new bank card recently and having pre-ordered it on my previous card *sigh* hopefully should have it later in the week, I can't wait to watch it again! :D

Reaper gI said:
christor said:
Realistic violence I assume. Contains some shootings, I assume one of them did it. Possibly a suicide in there, can't remember.
Got the equivalent in the US so not too surprising.

I would assume stuff like the pretty nasty violence against someone that looks like a minor and people dancing in pools of blood might have got it the 18 certificate.

I got the set today and the first two discs are 15 (which include the "nasty violence against someone that looks like a minor" incident I assume Dracos refers to) and the last two discs are 18.

BBFC site currently only says "Contains strong bloody violence" but it looks like there could be more detailed information forthcoming sometime.

Back