Due to an upgrade on the forums and the discontinued support of the previous template we used, we are temporarily using the default phpBB template.

The chat was also affected by this upgrade. As the old chat system could not be upgraded to the new phpBB, we've replaced it with a Facebook style chat, which can be found in the bottom of the forums page. You need to be logged in the forums to use the chat.

ADV UK seals sales and distribution deal

Discuss the latest news and rumours concerning the UK anime community and beyond.
Paul
Retired
Retired

ADV UK seals sales and distribution deal

Postby Paul » 08 Feb 2008, 14:14

This just in:

LDMS PARTNER WITH ADV FILMS

SALES FIRM BECOMES FULL SALES & DISTRIBUTION PARTNER

LONDON, UK, 8th FEBRUARY 2008

ADV Films has announced that Lace Digital Media Sales will become their UK and Europe sales and distribution partners.

LDMS, the UK-based sales and distribution company, will add the ADV partnership to an already impressive client list and build further on their market share as an independent distributor.

Sales Director Andy Lyon is delighted with the partnership:

"ADV has been an incredibly successful brand in UK DVD market and LDMS longest standing Sales & Distribution customer. We are incredibly proud and pleased to have been selected to manage ADV's business in UK and Germany which is testament to the hard work and success of our sales force over the past 5 years. We look forward to a very long and exciting partnership."

ADV is the leading producer and distributor of anime outside Japan with the largest English-language anime library in the world. ADV aims to strengthen its business in Europe, and the partnership with LDMS is sure to generate even greater market share, revenue and success in the market.

"Anime is a red hot international pop culture phenomenon, but the home video market for anime in Europe is dreadfully underserved," said ADV Films president John Ledford. "There's enormous potential there, and that's why we're so excited about the partnership with Lace."

LDMS' established reputation within the market and their impressive track record will be the key to a successful partnership in the UK and Europe. Adam Lacey, MD of the Lace Group, is looking forward to a continued relationship with ADV.

"Lace has worked closely with ADV for over five years and really enjoyed helping them grow their business. The changes that have now been made mean we will get the opportunity of really developing the anime market. ADV has an incredible catalogue and some exciting and ambitious new release plans for 2008 and beyond. We have a full team in place to drive the business for ADV from frontline sales and marketing to production, design, finance, PR and promotion."

Nyu
20. Claymore
20. Claymore

Postby Nyu » 08 Feb 2008, 14:29

So things look on the up then. Excellent news.

Gawyn
23. Pokémon Master
23. Pokémon Master

Postby Gawyn » 08 Feb 2008, 14:36

Nyu wrote:So things look on the up then. Excellent news.

They were never really on the down. It was mostly overreactions on the part of the UK forums that showed any real panic. What we really need now is affirmation of ADV US's state of affairs.

harkins
26. Gundam Meister
26. Gundam Meister

Postby harkins » 08 Feb 2008, 15:09

Gawyn wrote:

They were never really on the down. It was mostly overreactions on the part of the UK forums that showed any real panic. What we really need now is affirmation of ADV US's state of affairs.

I hold my hands up, I was panicking!

Great news indeed, although I’m a little surprised that news of ADV UK/Europe’s future has broken before news of the situation in the US. I assumed that if the US situation couldn’t be resolved, that ADV in Europe would be finished anyway. But again, great news!

CitizenGeek
16. Pirate King
16. Pirate King

Postby CitizenGeek » 08 Feb 2008, 15:17

Good news from ADV, but I'm still disappointed that ADV UK are gone :/

ConanThe3rd
18. Akatsuki
18. Akatsuki

Postby ConanThe3rd » 08 Feb 2008, 15:17

Good to see that £15 is becoming the RRP of choice now if http://www.lacedigitalmediasales.com/products/DAMG001 is anything to go by.

Just Passing Through
17. Space Cowboy
17. Space Cowboy

Postby Just Passing Through » 08 Feb 2008, 15:20

That's just OMG: Flights of Fancy. It was announced last year that it would be released at £15. It's nothing new.

Chaz
15. Tachikoma
15. Tachikoma

Postby Chaz » 08 Feb 2008, 15:25

harkins wrote:
Gawyn wrote:

I hold my hands up, I was panicking!

Great news indeed, although I’m a little surprised that news of ADV UK/Europe’s future has broken before news of the situation in the US. I assumed that if the US situation couldn’t be resolved, that ADV in Europe would be finished anyway. But again, great news!

*Effortlessly holds up hand* Yeah, I admit, I was all schitz about the situation, but at least (if only by the most part) ADV looks ok.

I still feel a little annoyed with the tension and lack of information they gave, and the fact that Geneon had to suffer from it. Yet, personally, it sounded like they were trying to make a deal that seemed a little risky to make, i.e. they cut off Geneon, and were struggling to make a firm deal with Lace.
Probably my paranoia, but I'm just trying to work it all out. Doubt it'll be worth the effort though.

Fudce
27. Accidental Time-Traveller

Postby Fudce » 08 Feb 2008, 16:07

Gawyn wrote:

The very fact that this deal has gone through should raise some hope that the problems are over. I can't see anybody getting involved in a company that's about to go under, so obviously ADV isn't about to go under :P

That Man
29. Bounty Hunter
29. Bounty Hunter

Postby That Man » 08 Feb 2008, 17:09

And relax... Well thank God I don't need to hold my breath anymore over this lets just hope they start releasing titles soon an that there won't be a big/any delay. So all in all anime in the UK seems to be on the up at the start of 2008 with MVM cutting prices an ADV possibly doing the same. Good news I say good news.

Edit:
Just been on play an they have put just about all the ADV titles back to September. Either these are the new release dates or there just doing what they sometimes do an are making up release dates who knows?

pneboy
30. Hikikomori
30. Hikikomori

Postby pneboy » 08 Feb 2008, 18:35

does this mean all future anime licenced by adv in america then re-encoded for the uk will have the lace logo on the case instead of ADV or both like fma with funi and revelations

Jaymii
11. Individual Eleven
11. Individual Eleven

Postby Jaymii » 08 Feb 2008, 18:35

What a fantastic start too my week off from School. Its nice to hear ADV have stabilized a good(?) distributor for us, And it seems to me that everything is back where is should be. I was one off the fellow over-reactors but it wasn't good news to hear at all with them not having anywhere else to go. So now they have some one to fall back on and it seems ADV's changing are hopefully going to be for the better.

Phew..

Lupus
11. Individual Eleven
11. Individual Eleven

Postby Lupus » 08 Feb 2008, 18:37

Awesome. Now, Gurren Lagann release date, please.

Fudce

Postby Fudce » 08 Feb 2008, 18:58

That Man wrote:Edit:
Just been on play an they have put just about all the ADV titles back to September. Either these are the new release dates or there just doing what they sometimes do an are making up release dates who knows?

Play.com like to do that with any DVDs they're unsure about.

CitizenGeek
16. Pirate King
16. Pirate King

Postby CitizenGeek » 08 Feb 2008, 20:51

Lupus Inu wrote:Awesome. Now, Gurren Lagann release date, please.

Hear, hear! I can't wait for GL's release!

There are so many upcoming series that I want: Shana, FLCL and Haruhi (fingers crossed!), Black Lagoon and now GL, as well as the stuff I'm already collecting (RahXephon, BECK, Mushi-Shi). Plus the cost of some new shelves to store it all on! Being an anime fan sure is expensive! ^__^

Return to “Anime News & Rumours”