Maison Ikkoku: Volumes 12-13 (1st edition)

Aion

Time-Traveller
Aion picked up volumes 1-11 of the big, left-to-right editions of Maison Ikkoku many a moon ago. He paid around £10 for the lot, where as the previous owner paid £11-12 per volume. This pleased him.

But now Aion has a problem: he needs the final two volumes, which have been OOP for a long time due to the 2nd edition releases. He cannot find the volumes being sold for a reasonable price anywhere. He has yet to see them appear on eBay. He needs help.

Aion is prepared to read the manga online to finish it, and he will do so because he only has 2 more volumes to read before he's out of volumes. But he'd still like to own the complete collection of the 1st editions.

If interested, Aion wanted to inform the helpful AUKN members that the volumes are called 'The Hounds of War' and 'Game, Set, Match.' Please assist him during his time of need.

There are 14 volumes of the first edition. Hounds of War; Game, Set, Match; and Welcome Home are the ones you're missing. Now, fabricatedlunatic has all three of these volumes but is reluctant to part with them for nostalgic reasons.

Aion was wondering why he had 70 chapters left and only 4 volumes remaining. He now understands.

Also, Aion will slap fabricatedlunatic if he does not part with the volumes he is struggling to find a means of obtaining. He adds that greed is a sin and sharing creates happiness.

Had fabricatedlunatic ever got around to replacing his first editions of the volumes in question with the unflipped second editions, he might have been more inclined to part with them. Alas, he has yet to do so and therefore be holding onto them for the time being.

Okay, that's the last post I'm writing in the third person. Ever :p

Why don't you get the non-Americanised right-to-left versions and sell your old versions? You'd save yourself a lot of time and hassle.

Aion thinks fabricatedlunatic owes him in the range of 3 volumes of manga for deleting all of his MAL comments, which he says he spent a lot of time typing, and removing him from his friends list. Even though Aion handled the situation in manly fashion, he cried himself to sleep every night for a week. Aion believes the guilt should make fabricatedlunatic want to send the volumes to repair the damage he did.

As for the 2nd editions, Aion knows they'd look messy besides his 11 large volumes, and he doesn't want to switch to reading right-to-left for the end after reading left-to-right for most of the story. If he cannot find a kind soul who owns the original releases as well as the 2nd editions, he will have no choice but to eventually complete his collection with mixed releases, though...

Before going, Aion wanted me to add that the AUKN members have been most unhelpful. He expected donations and 2 pages of suggestions by now; not a conversation in thw third person. He thinks he would've been better off asking for help on 4chan.

There are a couple of used copies of Vol. 14 on Amazon for around a fiver.

The Forum might be more helpful if you were less negative about The Forum. We are AUKN. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Aion would like to thank Ayase for linking to Amazon. He'd also like to thank Ayase for making his MAL profile friend only, meaning when MAL crashed and he was removed from Aion's friend list, Aion couldn't post the short and sweet message he'd typed up for him.

The Forum is disjointed, lacking a community feel. That is why it fails. Not that Aion finds it different than usual.

Perhaps all the MAL drama I catch word of is why people are less chatty here. Hmm.

If you still need the books by the end of the month I'll check FP's ridiculous sale next time I'm over there. They usually have a few of the old MI volumes for <£1 but I'm collecting the new so have no idea which are represented. Don't get your hopes up as it might just be earlier volumes.

R

I'm mostly talking about past events. The issues with fabricatedlunatic happened awhile back, and I simply wasn't able to send a message to Ayase because of a combination of his settings and MAL's server dying. Sorry, no drama here. :p

I'd appreciate if you have a look to see if they have the last 3 volumes. I'll finish reading the series online because I'm fast running out of physical content, and I'll be in no huge rush to play £5-10 per volume for the remaining 3 after finishing reading. Walsall is a shithole in the middle of nowhere, so nothing good ever gets sold in shops by me.

Be aware that a lot of the volumes aren't numbered, and you can only tell the volume number by checking the description on the back or looking at the top right of the pages inside.

Don't feel forced to do so, though - there's no contract. But I would be happy to write out an official looking contract, send it to you and get you to sign it, just say the word.

Most people located in Walsall are idiots, if that's what you're suggesting, but I'm a very special, anti-social type of idiot. I can assure you that not all people from Walsall have 'paedorapist' allegations against their names.

And the Brummy accent ain't much better on the ears than the slightly different Walsall version. -___-

...what were trying to say, again? I'll think up a more insulting name for you than Maes if you were trying to anger me. Seriously, just try me.

The information below your profile does suggest that. And I don't do fun.

/tsundere

Since Rui has yet to confirm if she's willing to sign a contract, I have a reasonable request to make: Would you, Maes, be willing to give me volumes 12-14 of Maison Ikkoku?

You buy pretty much everything, so I won't accept it if you say, "I don't own them! Cross my heart and hope to die!!!"

lol, I will happily give you my collection of Maison Ikkoku manga, if you <i>guarantee</i> and <i>provide proof</i> that you can read them.

(they're in Japanese, as I'm sure you could guess). ^_^

No problem: I'll let you make translation notes for each page and read them as I flick through the pages. It isn't ideal but it'd be better than not owning the volumes at all.

Shall I send you my address via PM or do you have MSN?

Back