Hello all! :)

akamike

Completely Average High School Student
Hello fellow Anime Fans! My name is Mike, I'm a Scotsman physically living in England. My brain is scattered around the web! While I'm not the biggest anime fan, I am always keen to try another series and discuss what I have seen.

What I have seen: Ghost in the Shell (SAC, 2nd GiG and the first movie), Full Metal Alchemist, Hellsing, Chrono Crusade, Gundam Wing, Dragonball Z, Serial Experiments Lain.

Things I started watching but didn't finish (but want to!): Cowboy Bebop, Naruto, Death Note, Bleach.

Probably not a particularly impressive watched list compared to more hardcore anime fans, but I'm open to recommendations :)

By day, by night, and by that time where it's neither quite night nor day, I am a web developer, gamer and general geek. I like progressive and alternative rock/metal.

I also started running a site named Anime Deals, where I am promoting anime DVD deals I find for UK fans. Hopefully I can save people a few £s as they expand their collections :)

So, Hi! I look forward to discussing with you all. I'm usually pretty busy with work but I'll be as active as I can :D

hey there welcome to the forums

That's not an extensive list, but only high quality material there.
Just checked your site. That's a nice idea mate =)

First off, welcome fellow Scotsman! Good to see another like myself here..bar the fact i'm still situated in Scotland of course ;p

Althought not a big list, its still a nice collection you have seen there. If i could recommend stuff, i take it that is the original Series of Hellsing? Take a look into Hellsing Ultimate, it sticks closer to the original manga is quite high in quality, i think you'll enjoy it if you liked the series. And i also encourage you to get through Bebop! Such a classic, and has one of my all time favourite soundtracks.

Nice site by the way, i expect i shall make use of it when i see something there of interest.

EDIT: actually just realised you have Serial Experiments there, and despite not seeing it, i hear it is similar to Haibane Renmei, which i have, so i'd recommend looking into that.

Thanks :) I'll definitely check out your recommendations. I did indeed mean the original series of Hellsing, and I keep forgetting to check out Ultimate! I will make an effort to at least watch that ;)

Greetings fellow Anime fan :thumb:

Ghost in the Shell, the second film Innocence is a great film and so is the Solid State Society so be sure to check them out :)

Full Metal Alchemist,
I've just finished watching the series myself and if you really enjoyed it (which is undoubtable) then you might be happy to learn there's a remake coming soon.

Serial Experiments Lain....seen a few trailers for this....Isit as good as it looks?

Cowboy Bebop, Naruto, Death Note and Bleach are all great :thumb:

have you read any manga?

akamike said:
Hello fellow Anime Fans! My name is Mike, I'm a Scotsman physically living in England. My brain is scattered around the web! While I'm not the biggest anime fan, I am always keen to try another series and discuss what I have seen.

What I have seen: Ghost in the Shell (SAC, 2nd GiG and the first movie), Full Metal Alchemist, Dragonball Z, Death Note, Bleach.

I like you.

You definatly need to watch the 2nd GitS film. It's, in my opinion, much better than the first.

Death Note and Bleach are definates you need to continue with too! Death Note is probably my favorite anime (Only second to possibly Ghost in the Shell, 2nd GIG to be precise.)

It's getting really good at the moment too so; catch up bratha'.

I like the idea of creating a site exclusively for anime deals. In the past I had threads on AVforums, hdanddvdbargains and MSE for anime deals, but due to a lack of deals followed by a lack of interest the threads died. I still update the 'Sales' thread in the anime section with any deals Find-DVD alerts me to -- you should keep an eye on it.

If you need anime recommendations, just look at my anime list on MAL and watch everything rated 9-10/10. I have good taste.

Hi Mike, welcome to AUKN.

Nice to see a fresh face about. Not a huge list but some powerfull stuff there. I'm assuming you haven't got around to reading any manga yet. If you haven't then I suggest you do soon. I've been a fan of anime for a long time and only started on manga last year. I've never turned back since. Better than anime in the most part however more effort needed. ^_^

I also suggest you get Bebop completed. My number one series with an awesome soundtrack (like Albalest said).

As far as suggestions go, I'd say give Berzerk a go. Older anime but the story is awesome. Also judging by your previouse viewings you'll love it.

See you around ;)

Thank you everyone :D

I'll try to get round all to trying out all of your recommendations, it seems there is quite a lot that I have missed! I have not yet read any manga, but I am willing to so I will definitely keep that in mind :)

hello and welcome.. seems like you've been welcomed pretty well.. better than I did.. Aion sent me hate mail =P..

You have a pretty nice list of anime and your website might come in useful for me ^^

Back