Easy to follow, light hearted anime

shira

Shinigami
Yo d00des. Im after something nice n simple to follow, easy to watch and understand. Cause of school ****, I dont get much chance AFTER school to watch shows but before school I do. Only problem is im too tired before school for stuff like Ergo Proxy (and my soon to start Wolfs Rain) so im after something easy to watch along side it.

I've got Azumanga Daioh and Genshiken on here, which I hear are easy enough. Any others though? I mean by easy I could watch somethin' like Bleach easily, I just dont want something where if I miss something tiny I'm confused. SO, your ideas?

Oh, something funny would be nice, or action packed. I used to watch Witch Hunter Robin in the mornings before school, nice action packed and easy to follow.

ANYWAY, enough from me. If you need to know more, just ask.

Galaxy angel is pretty easy to follow

it dosn't resort on Japanese puns or cameos like excel saga, or pani poni
plus the episodes are about 10-15 mins long each, with no real continuation plot. Plus the serious single episodes really show madhouse skills in this series :p

I'm currently loving the second barrage of Black Lagoon. If it's action packed you're after, look no further. It's not very light-hearted at all though!

If you want light hearted you can't get much better than Aria.

Martin said:
I'm currently loving the second barrage of Black Lagoon. If it's action packed you're after, look no further. It's not very light-hearted at all though!

If you want light hearted you can't get much better than Aria.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Spyro201

Sorry I should have posted that.

I've seen Black Lagoon, and I loved it :)

Il look up Aria definately. Whats Lucky Star about I've heard about that...

Gun X Sword is a hugely entertaining and straight-forward tale of revenge featuring lots of giant robot action. Aria is okay and easy to follow, but that's because nothing much happens :)

Otaku-san said:
so like i said Galaxy Angel

:lol: Dont worry I'll look up Galaxy Angel too ;)

Gun X Sword is a hugely entertaining and straight-forward tale of revenge featuring lots of giant robot action. Aria is okay and easy to follow, but that's because nothing much happens

Now, im not into Mecha much; will I still enjoy this?

It's difficult to say. I'm not hugely into mecha myself, but I enjoyed Gun X Sword a lot. It doesn't take itself entirely seriously all the time, parodying various giant robot shows, and there's more to the show than just mecha.

fabricatedlunatic said:
It's difficult to say. I'm not hugely into mecha myself, but I enjoyed Gun X Sword a lot. It doesn't take itself entirely seriously all the time, parodying various giant robot shows, and there's more to the show than just mecha.

Doesnt sound too bad. I'll look into it too.

So out of Azumanga Daioh, Fullmetal Alchemist and Genshiken what should I watch first?

(I loved Genshiken manga, i only had vol 1-3 though, should I wait till I finish reading it?)

Black Cat and Solty Rei are both sort of action shows with a good bit of humor.

And a short list.

The Slayers
Magical Witch Punie-Chan
School Rumble
Comic Party
The Gokusen

OH, what was that show that I've seen mentioned on here loads like; Ouran High School or something? Is that anything to check?

And thanks Dracos im looking them up now as we speak, just some of 'em arent on MAL.

Dragon boy, people who like 'Genshiken' tend to also by fans of 'Welcome to the N.H.K.' because both focus on otaku culture. N.H.K. is the more serious of the two since, rather than all out comedy like Genshiken, the main character in N.H.K. is a recluse who doesn't go out and has no friends. It's very funny in a black comedy sense, though.

Easy to understand? Yes.
Funny? Yes.
Recomened to Genshiken fans? Yes.

And, if you're interested, you can get the novel for as cheaply as £4 before bothering to get into the anime. Of course, you could just download the anime off the web and pay nothing.

Guyver: The bioboosted armour
This series is wicked! Not only is it easy to follow Its got some pretty decent action!
One of ADV films best anime releases.

Aion said:
Dragon boy, people who like 'Genshiken' tend to also by fans of 'Welcome to the N.H.K.' because both focus on otaku culture. N.H.K. is the more serious of the two since, rather than all out comedy like Genshiken, the main character in N.H.K. is a recluse who doesn't go out and has no friends. It's very funny in a black comedy sense, though.

Easy to understand? Yes.
Funny? Yes.
Recomened to Genshiken fans? Yes.

And, if you're interested, you can get the novel for as cheaply as £4 before bothering to get into the anime. Of course, you could just download the anime off the web and pay nothing.

Thank you...Aion-boy :p I'll check this out cause again I heard alot about this.

Guyver: The bioboosted armour

I would, but BlackWolf spoiled the ending for me -.-

maybe to you taste, has certain ecchi

:lol: How did I know you would reccomend something like this ;) :p

You would probably like BECK. It's quite relaxing to sit back and watch, and is easy to follow. There is no cliff hangers, or sitting on the edge of your seat scenes, it's just a really light watch; I was at a point where I was watching 12 episodes of it a day as it is delightful to watch :p. I strongly recommend you try it!

Azumanga daioh is the easiest anime to watch. You might like Lucky star, too, but I found it quite frustrating at times when they take ages talking about something stupid. They both have no real plot and have funny/ordinary characters.

Welcome to the N.H.K is great, but it can be quite serious/dark tone at times.

I haven't seen it myself, but Dokuro-Chan(?) might be for you. I don't know much about it, so I can't say much :/.

Heat Guy J
My gosh this is a great series! Everything about this is good. The characters, The story, The action Everythings amazing!
And its simple and easy to follow.
its probably one of the most underrated series ive seen. In Zavvi the price for the boxset is £9. £9!!!! Where could you go wrong with that?
You should definately give it a try.

Back