Critical Error

I had one last night, but bar that nothing at all. Not sure what caused it but it was alright again after 10 minutes. Paul should have an answer for it though.

The error suggests that there was a problem with the MySQL database. Don't worry, it's probably a server thing, which means the people I'm renting hosting from will fix it. If it keeps happening i.e. if it's still an issue this time next week, I'll start to properly investigate.

The errors have increased... couldn't even get onto the forums this morning, and after clicking on of the threads, got some database error thing. C'mon now AUKN, don't die on me!

I got some spooky message about the database being down and in maintenance mode or something when I made a post recently, but it came back again shortly afterwards and miraculously, my post had been made anyway.

R

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
The errors have increased... couldn't even get onto the forums this morning, and after clicking on of the threads, got some database error thing. C'mon now AUKN, don't die on me!

Hmm, while you've had more, i've only had one in the past 4 days, which i thought meant it was improving. I got the message Rui was describing, it was basically saying down for maintenance then i click refresh and it does its "critical error" bit, but its been fine since that.

It's definitely flaky, I just had to refresh four times to load the forums to get through phBB errors.

R

Rui said:
I got some spooky message about the database being down and in maintenance mode or something when I made a post recently, but it came back again shortly afterwards and miraculously, my post had been made anyway.

R

yeah that lead to double posting when i thought it hadn't gone through due to a Debug error script appearing. showing an error code. didn't think to copy the code or it would help the people who own the server Paul uses to find and fix said problem.

Tachi- said:
Rui said:

R

yeah that lead to double posting when i thought it hadn't gone through due to a Debug error script appearing. showing an error code. didn't think to copy the code or it would help the people who own the server Paul uses to find and fix said problem.

I just had that, and i copied the code...pity its in one of the langauages i know nothing about :roll:

Back