London Expo what has happened to you?

JAKEMAN

Stand User
Well the london expo forum has been under some arguments and stuff, mainly because the cosplay Coordinators have just been annouced and many expo regulars are unhappy with the new rules and are saying this will be probably be their last expo if the cosplay events ends up like they have said.

It's also funny that one person has got it into their mind that cosplayers need badges to tell people what anime they are from. What the hell lol I don't see how that is a good idea hehe

ah well we will have to see what it is going to be like in october

I've had a read, & to be honest the changes are nothing major. Denying entry music is a shame, but they'll allow for skits apparently. Weapons rules are as restrictive as I'm used to them being. The one I don't like is having to bring a picture of your character. I missed out last year because of that one.

well at least its not all bad, im sure people will still want to cosplay considering the event, even if there wasnt a competittion.
And anyway its always nice for me bringing my big SLR camera along to take some nice piccys!

I dont think it will effect peoples willingness to cos-play, it takes alot of guts to do it so I think there will still be alot of people doing it.

Manga Girls said:
Well...I didn't bother entering the contest, I just thought it would be fun to dress up as a cat boy.

I think the contest is the scaryest thing, standing on stage infount of all those people o.o;; Very scary X.x;;;;;;

As far as I can tell, the event ended up running perfectly fine on both days.

That's judging by the fact we couldn't fit any more people in, the screams and applause coming from it, and the barrage of people asking why we'd run out of room. ;_;

I used to be the cosplay coordinator for Expo, so I know how much hard work it is. So please go easy on those guys! Maybe when they get used to all the work and have more time then time they'll be able to be more lenient with the rules.

Also, the cosplay is getting more and more popular, so sometimes you have to make the rules more strict for everyone's safety. But yeah, I can understand it's frustrating when you can bring a part of your costume. Even I get annoyed about that, which is why I tried to make them as lenient as possible in the first place, but maybe circumstances have changed.

Back