My idea for the first manga series I'm going to submit

KmezzLIGHTNING

Completely Average High School Student
well one of my dreams in life is to get recognized for a manga as an american. So with dreams I have to have a plan. I thought up a blue (i think thats what the anime was called with the giant robots and bugs) type story, that I thought people would think interesting.

It's gonna be called Planet Bacci Ball. =D
It starts out with a boys dad (A quite wealthy engineer)explaining to him at night about a science involved theory. That for ages, with new telescopes and such, new planets have been spotted, even where they have been slightly looked over by a quarter of a degree on a telescope. Or maybe, those planets weren't there before? What if spontaneous generation existed for galactic balance? If a planet is obliterated, will only space become of it? Maybe the stars and planets we discovered, were never there before.
These questions arised as the famous constellation Orion's belt received a new star. Many scientists argued that it was in the shadow of another, and that was the reason it was never spotted. The boy's dad thought different.
In the year 2XXX all production of Atomic bombs have been suspended for the worlds general safety by the GDSO (Global Defense and Safety Organization.) However, mechs are considered a safety to prevent any outbreak in world destruction. The main character's dad dies (somehow i haven't figured out yet.) And the kid is left with his father's prized small scaled, but larger then human mech, which requires a human to handle.
One night the main boy is woken up by an overwhelming vaccum sound. He goes outside and all his neighbors are in awe. In the sky, a ball of light is swirling, so strong the Earth is shaking. Suddenly after an uproar, a planet is made. Over the news and such, it has created a phenomonom. Sceintists predict that there's only 7 months at most before it gently colides into Earth due to gravitational pulls. But gentle, with such large masses, would devestate nations. Over time, the planets turning more green and red, it becomes infested with quickly evolving creatures Known as Unidentified Baccin Creatures, or UBCs. The main character has been recruited into the H-MSIUA Human-mechanical Special Infranty Units Association. At a time of crisis, the planet collidies with Earth, causing them to be permanently linked, destroying half of Europe and Asia.
The main character has to fight off legions of monsters, gigantic breeders, and all sorts of stuff. Hopefully I will have some sketches up when I am able to take some pictures or scan of the mech design types and alien monsters and such. I plan to make this over a long time, even now it's just an idea, but please give me feed back on the idea. Thanks =D

P.S. You all know what bacci ball is right? XD

Some nice ideas in there, along with the arch stereotype of boy must save world in giant mecha. :p I'd like to hear some of the political ideas behind it and will the aliens be purely evil? Is it humans vs aliens on an epic scale? But there is potential there!

Show us your designs! :D

Oh and finally: What is a Bacci Ball? :wink:
________
DEREK BELL (AUTO RACER)

hah bacci ball is a game, i made in italy, where the goal is to get your like 7 pound balls thrown closest toa little white ball. Bacci, which mean kisses and well, ball, ball. Basicly its the planet knocking into the other planet :D First I would try to submit it to Antarctic-Press, and then from getting most likely denied there, I would go on to whomever else.

I really value every ones opinions here so as soon as my sister finds the software for her digitial camera I'll have my drawings up :D

Yeah, the monsters would be evolving so fast that they kill just for more space. Missions for the kid would be like to destroy giant breeding lairs and such. I think it not so much being evil, but as a killer instinct. They're not going to be intelligent, besides in their fighting skills. Battle would be on an epic scale. I will introduce new robots, as evangelion-type style, except for the robot bleeding part.
The mech designed for the main character is more of a body suit that wraps around him. at about 5 ' 10'' he becomes around and 8 feet tall heavily armored gunned warrior. The human arms and legs would fit into the mech, but would be covered by broad and extended metal plates. You'll understand when you see it. It's basicly made to be a natural to manuever robo-suit, invincible to any number of unarmed humans.

woooww that sounds sooooo coooooooowl ! your lucky that youve come up with a good story line im trying to make my own manga but i cant think of anything any ideas?

Back