New article: Beginner's Guide to Macross

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
After the runaway success of his definitive Ultimate Guide to Gundam, Andy Glass returned to his lab and searched for the next endlessly confusing anime franchise to walk us through; the results of which is his similiarly detailed Beginner’s Guide to Macross, a comprehensive look at the only mecha franchise to be close to challenging the twists and turns of the Gundam universe.<ul class="menu">"Ever since it first aired in 1982, the Macross saga has captured the imaginations of people across the globe. With its epic story of intergalactic war, romance and giant robots, Macross helped ignite the anime industry like few before it. It was also instrumental in giving Japanese animation a foothold in the west, as one of the first true anime series aired on US television, albeit under a new guise."</ul>Click here to read the full article.

All I can say is, wow. Talk about throughly researched!

Macross Plus is one of my all-time favourites - definitely a must-see. Here's hoping that ADV have indeed picked up DYRL though. Since they've done the new version of the original series it would be a logical thing to do (not to mention the fact that I'm dying to see it).

The quick eyed amongst us will have already noticed, but earlier today I added the comments feature to the articles, so now everyone can discuss our articles on the page just like the reviews.

There ya go, Badger. I believe you dropped hints for this a while ago. That do ya? ;)

Ork_dreadnought said:
I'm accredited :)
Yes, yes you are. You were rather helpful with some of the finer details, so thanks again.

Back