Hello

bailey1985

Vampire Ninja
Hello I'm never really sure what to say on introductions but here goes . I live in Cornwall . When I was younger I watched DragonBall Z on the Cartoon Network . Last year I found Knights of Sidonia on Netflix and really enjoyed it so i Asked a friend of mine for some suggestions . Now i watch anime everyday .

Welcome to the site. I don't think many people actually check this section of the site (I didn't even know it existed til now tbh), but everyone on the site is friendly (well, most people.....) and I'm sure will make you feel welcome. :thumb: Always cool to hear about people randomly finding shows and it pulling them into or back into anime, same happened to me after years of not watching it.

Hello, Welcome and so on.

I'm never sure about introduction posts/forums, I tend to wonder if it's really my place to welcome new people. I guess I've been here for a little while now so maybe it's okay. Not that I have a lot to say. Well, I say that...

Out of interest, have you been watching shows along the same line as what you've seen or trying a bit of variety? I guess Dragonball and Knights of Sidonia might not be exactly the same (though I can't say I've seen much of either myself). If you've been watching for a year it's probably worth trying to branch out a bit if you're not doing so already. Not that there's anything wrong with sticking with similar kinds of shows that you like but I recall liking anime a lot when I started then absolutely loving it when I discovered the variety of great things it does.

I mean, I'm not saying you have to watch Non Non Biyori but it couldn't hurt, right?

Smeelia said:
Hello, Welcome and so on.

I'm never sure about introduction posts/forums, I tend to wonder if it's really my place to welcome new people. I guess I've been here for a little while now so maybe it's okay. Not that I have a lot to say. Well, I say that...

Out of interest, have you been watching shows along the same line as what you've seen or trying a bit of variety? I guess Dragonball and Knights of Sidonia might not be exactly the same (though I can't say I've seen much of either myself). If you've been watching for a year it's probably worth trying to branch out a bit if you're not doing so already. Not that there's anything wrong with sticking with similar kinds of shows that you like but I recall liking anime a lot when I started then absolutely loving it when I discovered the variety of great things it does.

I mean, I'm not saying you have to watch Non Non Biyori but it couldn't hurt, right?

I predicted the end of that post as soon as I read the start :lol:

I guess I am fairly predictable. I'd like to think I at least kept you guessing if I'd go for that, Nichijou or maybe something a bit further out there like Shirobako.

I'll bet you even knew where I was going with that one too.

I think the problem with Non Non Biyori is that I like it more each time I see it (and I've maybe been watching it too often... or not enough). I do think it's also more likely to have a wider appeal than some of my other favourites. People who don't like "cute girls doing cute things" may still like Non Non Biyori for it's setting or other elements but it's also probably a good gateway into "cute girls doing cute things" and the like. I guess it's maybe even a decent gateway into other forms of slice of life, where cuteness may be less relevant.

If they'd get around to doing a Yotsuba& anime that'd probably be a strong contender for getting my recommendations (unless they messed it up somehow, though that'd probably take some real effort).

I'm not sure if any of this is entirely relevant to an introduction thread, I'm going to say it's somewhat representative of the way discussions often go around here so hopefully I'll get away with it.

I'd be inclined to agree with you. Non Non Biyori doesn't focus on the cute girls aspect as much as a lot of it's ilk or at the very least it doesn't depend on it as much.

There were a few genres I was avoiding until recently . Sports and the cute girls doing cute things slice of Life series as I didn't think I would enjoy them but I saw a few tweets about Non Non Biyori so I thought I'll give it a try and I enjoyed it . So now I will try everything . I haven't watched Nichijou or Shirobako yet but I do plan to eventually watch both of them .

If you liked Non Non Biyori but you're not sure about Sports, there are a few options that might help ease you into the genre. Bamboo Blade springs to mind. I can't say I've watched many Sports anime myself, there are plenty that I'm interested in but it can be tough to find the time to watch everything.

Bamboo blade is one of the series on my list to watch 1 day . I decided to try Haikyu as the second season had just started . I'm now watching it weekly now . I will watch this week's episode in a bit .

Back