MVM have two new licenses, and they are...

The wording of "never released" makes it seem they will be older titles. I'm hooping for a UK release of Blue Exorcist by somebody, that won't be an MVM property.

britguy said:
The wording of "never released" makes it seem they will be older titles. I'm hooping for a UK release of Blue Exorcist by somebody, that won't be an MVM property.

Sub only :(

My guesses = Squid Girl and Bakuman.

^ I expect Squid Girl too.

I don't know too much about the going ons regarding licenses and potential licenses, however from lurking, I've noticed that alot of you are quite knowledgeable in that area, so i was wondering, what do you think the chances are of The World Only God Only Knows being one of these? I read it was acquired in the US but the company that licensed it meant the chances of us getting the title were slim to none?
Sorry to go a little off subject.

britguy said:

i was going to say that it could be older titles

it could be a number of titles

unless its a title that we've got from region 1, 3 or 4

the old bubble gum crisis series ( crisis not crash )
card captor ( wishing it )
Urusei Yatsura (series)
Sailor Moon
Black Jack series
Godannar ( wishing it )
Monster

Squid Girl would be a great choice, I already have it but I have some friends who would be thrilled to be able to pick it up here. It's probably a fun one to sell too, if they play up the silliness, and a nice contrast to a lot of their catalogue.

Personally my mind would be blown (in the nicest of ways) if the announcement included one of the lost sub-only Siren licenses from Australia. Which I still haven't bothered ordering from that side of the globe in this hectic year.

Dannielle said:
I don't know too much about the going ons regarding licenses and potential licenses, however from lurking, I've noticed that alot of you are quite knowledgeable in that area, so i was wondering, what do you think the chances are of The World Only God Only Knows being one of these? I read it was acquired in the US but the company that licensed it meant the chances of us getting the title were slim to none?

It's Sentai/S23, who traditionally haven't sent as much over here to the UK companies as Funimation do. However, since it's going to be available dubbed there's no reason to think it won't have a chance here so long as the sales figures are decent. It's even getting an Australian release, so PAL materials will be available for the UK companies to use.

R

I would be rather pleased if one of those licenses is Dennou Coil, but I don't think that show is dubbed and I can't see MVM dicing with sub-only anime at this time.

Squid Girl is a possibility. MVM aren't known for releasing straight-up sitcom shows, though (aside from Urusei Yatsura I can't think of any).

Just what I was thinking Tind, although there are plenty of good possibilities.

Not sure if Manga speculatively have Spice and Wolf either, or were just toying around previously.

Dannielle said:

Sentai licensed it in the US.

Sentai used to be known as ADV and had their own UK distro. I wouldn't say it's "slim to none", because Highschool of the Dead was also licensed by Manga UK, and that's a sentai title.

Any of the following would make me very happy:

Katanagatari
Katanagatari
Katanagatari
Katanagatari
Katanagatari
Katanagatari

And maybe Katanagatari. Like I said, any of them, please, MVM.

Paradox295 said:
Dannielle said:

Sentai licensed it in the US.

Sentai used to be known as ADV and had their own UK distro. I wouldn't say it's "slim to none", because Highschool of the Dead was also licensed by Manga UK, and that's a sentai title.

Ah, i see. Its good to know that there's a more possibility of the title being bought to the UK then i originally thought, thank you :) and thanks to Rui too :)

Hmm...interesting *strokes imaginary beard*

I too hope for Squid Girl. I haven't imported the R1 sets due to the horror stories with Media Blasters terrible cases. I would have said "More Shana!" until I saw that they had an actual release month.

Back