Simulwatch again?

Professor Irony

CYBER FUNKER
The subject of the simulwatchathon came up again quite recently over in the manga section, so I thought it worth asking - would people be up for doing another one of these?

The Shirow-induced sci-fi series Real Drive (RD Sennou Chosashitsu) was mentioned as a likely candidate and it seems fairly easy to get ahold of, so I'm game if anyone else is.

VLC00001.png.jpg

Girls eating ice cream, really.

I've never actually seen the show, but according to ANN:

"The Real Drive is a "neo-futuristic science-fiction suspense" story is set in A.D. 2061, when a new, more secure information network called the Material Network (or "Metal") has taken over human society. However, aberrations begin to crop up as individuals chafe against the rigid system, and so-called "cyber divers" are dispatched to investigate these incidents. The the main cast consists; the cyber driver Mari, an "intuitive girl" named Minamo, the team's head Eiichirō, the combat expert Sōta, and the android Horon."

It's from Production I.G., was released in 2008 and has 26 eps.

Jaymii said:

So long as they don't form a light music club.

It's mostly episodic series that delves (or dives, heh) into all sorts of life, nature and science. It's a show about awe and wonder and through its ensemble you get several viewpoints making up a nice whole. That description makes it A LOT more fierce than it actually is.

memorium said:
Jaymii said:
VLC00001.png.jpg

Chick on the left looks like a man

Oh no! Could the reverse of the "feminine man-service" become the new anime phenomena?

Strangely enough though masculine woman don't bother me at all, its only hetrosexual males who imbrace femininity that send me into a rage.

Whats a simulwatch when its at home though?

vashdaman said:
Strangely enough though masculine woman don't bother me at all, its only hetrosexual males who imbrace femininity that send me into a rage.
I'm a straight guy and I think kittehs are adorable :3

Rageworthy enough?

When we're talking about a simulwatch, it's basically just everyone watching the same show on a set schedule (or at least trying to) and then posting their thoughts about it afterwards.

Sticking to the Shirow theme, I think it was Shirayuri also suggested Ghost Hound as another candidate, if people would prefer that. I haven't seen either show, so I'm happy to go either way, just so long as there's a reasonable number of people on board. They've run quite a few of these threads over on Something Awful and they do seem to live or die on the number people taking part.

vashdaman said:
Oh no! Could the reverse of the "feminine man-service" become the new anime phenomena?
::crosses fingers::

It has been a while since there's been a likeable reverse trap in a series I've felt inclined to watch. Come on creators of Japan, don't make me start my own dōjinshi, I can't even draw.

Back