What Music are you listening to? Discussions Welcome!

It's that time of year again:
View attachment 31637

Yo I'm half a year late to this, but there's some great stuff on here. Love the new Peter Gabriel album. I'm a huge Genesis fan, and I generally spend more time listening to the Collins era, but I'm definitely an all-eras fan. Some of my absolute favourites are from the Gabriel era (Fountain of Salmacis, Carpet Crawlers, all of the Selling England LP).

M83 are gorgeous, and Susanne Sundfør is a joy. I bought her Ten Love Songs LP recently, and it's already among my favourite albums of all time. Stunning.

Discovered some old Top of the Pops episodes on Youtube, and been getting my eighties retro on. Been fun, except for that special 1000th episode where Jimmy Savile and Gary Glitter show up.
Not me replying to 8 month old posts, no way.

I really enjoy watching TOTP episodes from the early 90s, because there was such a staggeringly diverse mix of music - and it was all just presented at face value, with no cynicism. It could go from metal to a boyband to eurodance to a balad to britpop, and it was all celebrated (for better or worse, lol).

It reminds me of being super young, watching shows like that, having no idea what genres or bands were supposed to be cool, and just enjoying everything on its own terms.

Last edited:
Still shocked at the passing of Steve Albini,his music and production work have been part of my life since my teens,i,m now 46 and his music is still as important to me as it was way back in the day,his band Shellac are due to release a new album next week witch will now sadly be a posthumous release,a true giant in the world of independent music.

Back