What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Got some nice releases today. Instead of getting the OOP (and expensive) UK steelbook of DBS - Broly, I went for the French release and the standard UK release, will swap the discs. The steelbook even has the title on the spine facing the correct way. Then I got the Godzilla - Minus One 4K UHD Deluxe, the box is nicely detailed. Finally there‘s Iya na Kao 3, which has been one of the hardest releases to track down for me, to the point of even questioning of it existing.
IMG_0560.jpeg

Duuuude, you always have some lovely imports! I've been wanting that Devilman crybaby set for ages - where'd you get it from and dare I ask how much that set you back?
Thank you! - I bought Devilman Crybaby directly from Amazon JP, it does have English subtitles as well. It cost around £160 (which actually cheap considering what I’ve paid for other releases, lol), including shipping and Danish VAT (25%). It’s also available from Mandarake, but with import fees and handling fees from DHL, it would only be a bit cheaper, but I went for brand-new instead.

Last week I received two smaller orders: A Sister's All You Need (WowHD) & a great deal on the entire Master Keaton series (all sealed for about £50 in total from a private seller).

Today my order from Archonia arrived. Although they no longer import US Blu Rays they still have some old stock left. So together with a bunch of UK releases I also snatched some US Blu Rays.

IMG_20240506_192123.jpg

IMG_20240506_191921.jpg

IMG_20240506_192020.jpg

Yeah, at release they did do replacements discs as I got mine. Though it was a while ago might be worth messaging them just in case.

I'll tag them here as well @MVM
Good idea, you don't ask you don't get after all, so no harm checking. I'll message them directly as well.
I bought Devilman Crybaby directly from Amazon JP, it does have English subtitles as well. It cost around £160 (which actually cheap considering what I’ve paid for other releases, lol)
Awesome, thanks for the info. That is very pricey indeed.... BUT....given the rarity, it actually having English subs 🥳, and that beautiful CE set (it's digipak if I remember correctly), and yes on comparison just the pricing of any Aniplex release which has alternative cheaper physical editions also available, I think I will eventually convince myself to get this one. Didn't realize it was still in print for it to be on Amazon, that does take the pain out of ordering imports as well...

Received today from mandarake and Amazon uk -

Evangelion rebuilds

The crow 4k steelbook

Sound euphonium 5th anniversary audio dramas (these can be found subtitled on YouTube for anyone wanting to fill out kumiko’s second year).

View attachment 34026View attachment 34028View attachment 34029
Oooh I'm liking those rebuild sets - if they're not sealed, any chance you could share some photos of the contents plezz? I want some CEs for those 3 but holding out hope AL will one day develop and release some UK editions.

Hadn't registered the audio dramas of Sound Euphonium - thanks for the info and will check them out on YouTube. On another note, which editions of season 2 would people recommend importing? Another one I'm really hopeful for an eventual AL release given the increased publicity from season 3, but may need to import (if I can find any) were that not to happen.

Oooh I'm liking those rebuild sets - if they're not sealed, any chance you could share some photos of the contents plezz? I want some CEs for those 3 but holding out hope AL will one day develop and release some UK editions.

Hadn't registered the audio dramas of Sound Euphonium - thanks for the info and will check them out on YouTube. On another note, which editions of season 2 would people recommend importing? Another one I'm really hopeful for an eventual AL release given the increased publicity from season 3, but may need to import (if I can find any) were that not to happen.
Theyre all digipacks in full slips with a booklet but the third one comes with the soundtrack too while the second comes with a film excerpt in a stand. There may be different versions of each cos they vary in thickness but they go for about 600 yen on mandarake.
Eupho s2 has always been a ball ache to get on disc as I’m sure you know, the only English friendly version is the 2 volume North American pony canyon release. The Japanese release goes for about £100 on Amazon jp, and mandarake usually has it for 18000 yen (about £90) but no English subtitles unfortunately.
IMG_1871.jpegIMG_1872.jpegimage.jpg

Theyre all digipacks in full slips with a booklet but the third one comes with the soundtrack too while the second comes with a film excerpt in a stand. There may be different versions of each cos they vary in thickness but they go for about 600 yen on mandarake.
Eupho s2 has always been a ball ache to get on disc as I’m sure you know, the only English friendly version is the 2 volume North American pony canyon release. The Japanese release goes for about £100 on Amazon jp, and mandarake usually has it for 18000 yen (about £90) but no English subtitles unfortunately.
View attachment 34038View attachment 34039View attachment 34040
Thanks for the info and photos - those are lovely sets indeed and with one soundtrack to boot. I didn't realize that Eupho 2's only English release was the US one... Well, there goes that dream of owning a physical edition😞

Back